Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Shows > London 2 Brighton 2016

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

There was a load of turbo stuff there👍, also got to have a chat to Carl on the force stand. He wasn't happy about the price of water, but then everything is more expensive down south😀

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Cheers Graham, did you say hello?

Couldn't Carl get water out the sea?

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

You weren't at you car when I found it, or I would have said hello, looking at Carl's face im surprised he didn't start distilling sea water.

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

You weren't at you car when I found it, or I would have said hello, looking at Carl's face im surprised he didn't start distilling sea water.

jonny f

2091 Posts
Post Whore

Dorking

No worries, I wasn't sure as someone called Graham on here said hello but he had a turbo.

Hahahahha.

Did anyone see the orange turbo (maybe supercharged) round nose with alloy door skins?
I think he had enough nitrous to go from London to Brighton on it alone.

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

I had a brilliant weekend up until the journey home when a guy in a merc smashed into the side of us and spun us out on junction 28 near brentwood, the guy sped off n left us there! Luckily as i was spinning backwards i caught his reg n kept reading it out over n over again... police n ambulance came n my mrs has hurt her hip n arm and the minis front end is well out of shape... i am truely gutted!!! :'(

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

jonny f

2091 Posts
Post Whore

Dorking

What a bastard!

Is your misses going to be ok?

Still yet to meet you Dave. Did have a look at your car but you weren't there.

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

A car is only metal it will fix or replace, I hope you are both alright and that the police catch the driver and string the bastard up! No doubt un-insured, no MOT, no tax, stolen, no licence (delete as appropriate).

On 23rd May, 2016 D4VE said:
I had a brilliant weekend up until the journey home when a guy in a merc smashed into the side of us and spun us out on junction 28 near brentwood, the guy sped off n left us there! Luckily as i was spinning backwards i caught his reg n kept reading it out over n over again... police n ambulance came n my mrs has hurt her hip n arm and the minis front end is well out of shape... i am truely gutted!!! :'(

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

JT

2742 Posts
Member #: 637
Post Whore

Hertfordshire

Oh no!!! That's a shitter hope you'll all ok!!

Is it repairable?

There's some right scumbags about!!

My build thread..

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=542985

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Thanks guys
Apparently the car who hit me is insured with a woman and there is a guy named on there so thats a relief that its insured!

Jonny i saw what looked like u pushing yours in so i came over to say hey but you were in deep conversation with some bloke so i didnt want to interrupt but then didnt see u again *frown*

I have gone to my local accident repair where they are shit hot at sorting stuff out without going thru your insurers (because he said if you did they probably just take the mini n pay you out to get it over n done with asap) where as i know the minis going nowhere! Ive literally got back and already had calls sorting stuff with the other persons insurance etc..
The poor mini has something not obvious bent somewhere! The engine and subframe looks to have moved over n the front left wheel doesnt look right at all!! Hopefully fixable i shall not let that mini die!

Mrs is ok but has terrible shoulder n arm pain and a pain in her hip/bum with pain shooting from there down her leg, ive had a cracking headache since

Edited by D4VE on 23rd May, 2016.

jonny f

2091 Posts
Post Whore

Dorking

It's good that hopefully you'll get it sorted.
Have they admitted liability?

Hope your misses feels better soon.

Ahh yes, it did breakdown lol. Plugs seemed to get wet, it didn't like sitting in the traffic to get in.

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Member #: 9764
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

Dude hope you and the misses are okay! That sucks and can't belive he drove off what a c if you ask me

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

Bloody hell, I hope you are both ok!

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

Not the only one!

One of our club members.........

https://www.gofundme.com/25jm2nw

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

Its reasons like this why I decided to fit a safety cage, not because I am set on trashing it, but because of the arseholes on the road.

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

burcy35

177 Posts
Member #: 10990
Advanced Member

Hornsea

Dave I am really sorry to hear about the crash especially after a really good weekend. I live up north and although the traffic can be bad up here it's nothing like it is around London. Every year there is more congestion and more to the point more very bad driving. I had a 620 mile round trip and to be honest I had a few moments of my own on the slip roads and roundabouts. Every fucker is out to kill you and they really don't like being behind a mini. But good to hear your OK fella.

It was good to have a quick chat with you jonny at crystal palace, your car looks even better in the flesh. You bought one of my missis key hooks. She sold out of them all at Brighton.

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Cheers guys,
Jonny i just got off phone with essex police and they said because of where it happened they are now passing it on to metropolitain police? And im like arghhhh just get the fucker already! On the insurance side i believe theyve contacted the other cars insurance but from that i dont know? But i do know that they wont give me a hire car until they get the polices witness' ?? Confused! Anyone whos gone through this please pass on guidance..

I heard about that estate but thats first time ive seen pic! Its heartwarming to see the money raised

Im surprised that the wheel is still in that position compared to the rest of it, my minis the reverse of that- front end looks ok but the wheel is in a position youd expect that clubbys to be in..

Sorry for the rambling guys n it probably doesnt make sense but thats what i been like all day with a concussion? I just cant think straight

minimole23

4300 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

There truly are some assholes out there. Just don't let the car out your sight, and demand it's repaired.

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

Callum

450 Posts
Member #: 10396
Advanced Member Formerly mk2turbo

Stoke-on-Trent

Gutted for you Dave hope everything gets sorted for you and you all recover from it, mini as well!

jonny f

2091 Posts
Post Whore

Dorking

Right sounds confusing. I know a friend who had his parked car hit and it's taken almost a year to get it all sorted. It was complicated though as the driver didn't admit to driving at first etc.

Nice to meet you to Burcy.

BronkoMini

301 Posts
Member #: 10610

Wiltshire

Sorry to hear about your accident Dave.

Here's a little video I made of the run, non turbo, next year I hope to be in a turbo'd mini: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRhhf8s2lRY...xrdhenjptjhbo04

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

The car who hit me's owner has told the insurance she doesnt know of any crash?!?!!

And to top it off i cant get thru to the police to get my witness' details... why are people such bastards and why are the police so useless?! :'(

Shauna

1043 Posts
Member #: 10424
Post Whore

Swansea boyo!

Aw man Dave that's gutting! Hope you and your lady are alright :(

They don't die, they just get faster!