Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Non-Mini Discussion > My other cars

AlexB
Site Admin

6263 Posts
Member #: 1
The boring bloke who runs this place.

Berkshire

D4VE asked to see pics, so here you go.

First thing, the BINI. Love this a lot more than I thought I would. Great as a daily runabout.

Next up my Elise - it needs an interior re-trim, but goes well for a standard car.

And we've still got Nicky's Impreza too

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

They're all the same colour!

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

AlexB
Site Admin

6263 Posts

Berkshire

Ha ha, indeed. That's by accident really as I don't have a preferred colour.

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Member #: 648
Post Whore

Northern Ireland (ex AUS)

I'd love an Elise. How would you rate them for a potential daily?

On 7th Nov, 2008 Nic said:
naeJ
m
!!!!!!sdrawkcab si gnihtyreve ?droabyekym ot deneppah sah tahw ayhwdd

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

I wanted to see mould!!! *wink*

Im hoping to swap my cup for bini S.. are they juicy?
And i eyed up a few elises few months back but they still crazy prices!!

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

AlexB
Site Admin

6263 Posts

Berkshire

I've used Elises as daily cars before without any major issues - in the winter they are cold and wet and steam up like bastards. Nothing can prevent it as they are just badly put together things with gaps everywhere.

No idea fuel wise on the mini - not had it long enough yet to work out.

Ben H

3329 Posts
Member #: 184

Melton Mowbray, Pie Country

I used my elise for my daily for three and a half years. As Alex says can be a pain in the winter, but you get used to it. Just make sure you have a leather sponge to hand, not to dissimilar to a mini really.

http://www.twin-turbo.co.uk
http://www.hillclimbandsprint.co.uk/default.asp

A man without a project is like a like a woman without a shopping list.

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Post Whore

That's got me thinking, I am looking something relatively practical for a daily and an Elise crossed my mind. I meet a girl on the road most mornings in an Elise, as well as wanting her number I always wondered how she found it.

naeJ
m

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Id love one but descent ones for under 10k.. nope

Bill

51 Posts
Member #: 10080
Advanced Member

Holland, Eindhoven

I drive as a daily a alfa gtv v6 24v is a perfect daily driver. Just an idea for when you can not find a perfect lotus!

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Post Whore

We've had a few alfas in the family, I really liked the 147 GTA when new. I test drove an Astra VXR and quite liked it, I was looking a renaultsport Megane cup but they are hard to find in the right spec.

naeJ
m

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

On 20th Nov, 2015 Jay#2 said:
We've had a few alfas in the family, I really liked the 147 GTA when new. I test drove an Astra VXR and quite liked it, I was looking a renaultsport Megane cup but they are hard to find in the right spec.

My clio cup.. (172.. the real cup! Not just the 182 meaning of 'cup') is awesome! And i say this because im only 28 and ive had over 60 cars!! I swap n change cars like anything cos i get bored or see summin else i want but i could live with the cup forever! Its smart n looks good in standard form yet blends in... goes like a feckin stinker n surprises much higher performance cars yet good on fuel n cheap to run! Uber reliable etc etc.. i keep meaning to get it to a rwyb cos embarrassingly i think my cheap as chips daily hack would beat my minis time!

AlexB
Site Admin

6263 Posts

Berkshire

Where as I kept my 182 for 1 month.. *wink*

That said, I was going to buy a 197 the other day, until I found the Cooper S. The Renault was gorgeous - looked great, lovely seats, nice feel.. would have bought it but the history had been 'lost' and I didn't trust the seller.

Edited by AlexB on 21st Nov, 2015.

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Post Whore

I had a 182 for 4 years and loved it too, I've had the R26 for 5 years and love it but I need a change. The phase III renaultsport Meganes don't come with recaros or any kind of decent seats as standard, getting one with a cup pack and seats is fairly hard. I did like the VXR Astra but the thought of buying 245/35/20 P Zeros scare me a bit.

naeJ
m

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

On 21st Nov, 2015 AlexB said:
Where as I kept my 182 for 1 month.. *wink*

That said, I was going to buy a 197 the other day, until I found the Cooper S. The Renault was gorgeous - looked great, lovely seats, nice feel.. would have bought it but the history had been 'lost' and I didn't trust the seller.

Never was interested in them til a mate let me borrow his 172 cup... the cup in the 172 means thinner lighter glass, no sound deadening, no air con, no abs no frilly extras, lighter cloth seats, no spare wheel, different ecu, lighter wider suspension, turinis... all to save weight, where as the cup in any other clios else doesnt mean lightweight, just a spoiler n diff suspension? Personally wouldnt want a heavier one with a less power to weight and calmer map THAT said i would have the trophy purely because evo mag done a article driving super cars round like the alps or something and all the drivers kept choosing the borrowed clio trophy camera car over the lambos etc cos it was just untouchable round all the corners n making serious ground so they ended up ringing renault and buying it there n then

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Post Whore

A friend had a trophy, he did quite a few track days in it throughout Europe. Was a really nice car, yes the 182 cups were just suspension and spoilers, the 172 cups were much more hardcore. It's one of those things where I need to grow up and get a sensible cheap car for a daily and have fun with the mini but the other part of you wants your daily car to be fun too.

naeJ
m

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

On 21st Nov, 2015 Jay#2 said:
A friend had a trophy, he did quite a few track days in it throughout Europe. Was a really nice car, yes the 182 cups were just suspension and spoilers, the 172 cups were much more hardcore. It's one of those things where I need to grow up and get a sensible cheap car for a daily and have fun with the mini but the other part of you wants your daily car to be fun too.

EXACTLY! *smiley* thats how i see mine.. sensible cheap daily drive thats fun too *smiley* until i pop some brats out or summin else tempts me, its staying! And its goin for a record of longest held daily

Home > Non-Mini Discussion > My other cars
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: