Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Non-Mini Discussion > Cheap diesel run around

theoneeyedlizard

7260 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Well this thing is excellent. Perfect car for us. We drive 18 miles of county lanes every day which is tons of fun in the Seat. The steering is sharp and precise and the engine has bags of torque. We also take a 2.5 hour journey to my sisters house every month which this returns excellent mpg 60+ for the majority of our motorway drive home.

The road noise is fairly loud because of the hard suspension and Yoko Parada tyres. But not an issue.

We have been using a £250 1996 Skoda Felicia for the last six months so the Seat was always going to feel nice. But this has exceeded all expectations. Well chuffed.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

charlieb150

517 Posts
Member #: 9931
Post Whore

brighton

Me my parents and my gf all have vag 1.9 pds, mums mk4 golfs still going strong at nearly 180k totally original,

I've got a Fabia vrs se with a hybrid turbo and custom map at 195bhp-285lbs I do 700 miles a week and I average 60 ish mpg
at 70, I've done over 30k in the last year and it copes pretty well
I love it but there are better handling cars out there...

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

we had one of the earlier models as a company car (think it was a 53 plate) and it was a great car. plenty of power when needed but good on the fuel when it needed to. I never ran out in it either

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

Glad you like it. My old A4 130PD TDI was a great car and a gutsy engine. I had mine remapped and it transformed it, not that it was slow anyway, but it was I think the best £300 I have ever spent on a car.
Just heed the oil changes bit, and ensure you only put the correct spec oil in.
My mate bought my old Audi, he serviced it a while after he bought it with cheap motor factor oil, it wiped a cam lobe off shortly after and needed a new cam and followers.
I always used to put VW Quantum PD oil in, you know its right and it isn't that dear either, plus easy for me as there is a VW main dealer locally.

Edited by Tom Fenton on 30th Nov, 2015.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

On 30th Nov, 2015 Tom Fenton said:
Glad you like it. My old A4 130PD TDI was a great car and a gutsy engine. I had mine remapped and it transformed it, not that it was slow anyway, but it was I think the best £300 I have ever spent on a car.
Just heed the oil changes bit, and ensure you only put the correct spec oil in.
My mate bought my old Audi, he serviced it a while after he bought it with cheap motor factor oil, it wiped a cam lobe off shortly after and needed a new cam and followers.
I always used to put VW Quantum PD oil in, you know its right and it isn't that dear either, plus easy for me as there is a VW main dealer locally.

I'd like to get my barge mapped but I worry that the original 150k clutch wouldn't be up to the task.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

theoneeyedlizard

7260 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Thanks Tom. Excellent info.

I'll be keeping on top of servicing with this. Oil change straight after Christmas.

I am interested in having it remapped. We'll just have to see if I can convince the Mrs. Like you say, it's got plenty of poke especially in this little Seat.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

charlieb150

517 Posts
Member #: 9931
Post Whore

brighton

For mapping the 1.9pds , john Jones aka fabooka does a really good job over a email service for £150, he did mine and two of my friends including a t5 that had 84bhp to 160 ish

His websites hidden-power.co.uk

Anthony30

144 Posts
Member #: 10828
Advanced Member

Rainhill, Merseyside.

On 26th Nov, 2015 D4VE said:

On 26th Nov, 2015 JT said:
Had a mondeo 2l diesel. 130k the dual mass flywheel went. Then the injectors went. Then the clutch went. I had to call the rac out 3 times in the year and a half ownership! Never ever will I get a Ford again!

Vw/audi all the way!!

My dad brought a 51 plate mondeo 2.o diesel for a few hundred quid years ago n apart from a few tyres n welding up the exhaust it just goes n goes! Is high miles n is used n abused.. must be a good'un
:

Nothing but problems with these cars. Nice to drive though. Every mondeo I've driven needed a DMF.*surprised**happy* I do like the Focus ST's due to Volvo's engineering.*Clapping*

Edited by Anthony30 on 7th Dec, 2015.

On 18th Nov, 2014 D4VE said:
went down to my local hydraulics place and he gave me a suitable replacement larger nipple *smiley*

Home > Non-Mini Discussion > Cheap diesel run around
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: