Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Piston question for simple bottom end build.

GTB

28 Posts
Member #: 1161

Somerset

After a bit of advice please.
I am doing some bodywork on a mates mini for him, and he is insisting on paying me even though I don't want to take it, so I thought what I would do is build him a motor for his car and put it in witout him knowing, as it is the one thing which let's his car down overall.
I have a metro turbo engine that has been sitting around for years due to changes in plans with my own cars.
I have the head off and it is in excellent condition, so will probably leave this as it is.
I also have standard turbo, carb etc which are usable, but the turbo could do with looking at soon, small amount of side to side play, but thought he could have a play around with turbo and head specs himself.
The bottom end I have is knackered, so thought I would source an a+ bottom end and go from there.
If I am planning on using the standard head and turbo, what pistons would I be best off getting if the head has been untouched?
I am planning on ditching the ecu and fitting a bleed valve to give the 7psi back.
Would I be better fitting a larger cc dished piston as there is a fair chance the boost will get risen at some point, or would I be better leaving a change in CR down to any future head work?

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Piston question for simple bottom end build.
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: