Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Beginners Tech > 1293 turbo connections

mollysdad

6 Posts
Member #: 11302

Hi, new to the forum.

I have bought what I thought was a 1293 turbo kit (edit -and engine) off ebay but what I actually got was a fully rebuilt engine and the turbo gear from a previously running car.

I had hoped the 'kit' would come with instructions of what connected to what but it didn't and although I have got my head around most of it some is still confusing me based on what I have read on here.

So I have attached a picture of the car it came out of with a couple of circles on what I'm confused about.

Firstly there seems to be a hose coming from the actuator and Teeing off to what I assume is the bleed valve and then heading for the plenum. Is this right?

There doesn't seem to be a dump valve unless I am mistaken.

Does the pipework look correct to you?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments:

Edited by mollysdad on 18th Jan, 2016.

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Welcome, i have seen that car for sale a few times, so you thought u were just getting the turbo n ancillaries but you got the whole lump!? What a pleasant surprise...

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

mollysdad

6 Posts

Hi, no thought I was getting the complete package. Engine itself was as I expected but the 'kit' was a bit lacking. I am in touch with the seller but answers are a little slow.

Edited by mollysdad on 18th Jan, 2016.

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

I'm pretty sure this is from the guy that no one here rates that chucks out dodgy engines claiming they are capable of 180hp.

jonny f

2091 Posts
Post Whore

Dorking

Was it this seller?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/301843954385

200 bananas!

This should help you out. It should be hose from compressor side of turbo, through bleed valve then to the actuator.
http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=257121

Edited by jonny f on 18th Jan, 2016.

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Not sure it is, but could be wrong..

i remember the car in the pictures above as a 'reshelled' mk1/2 cooper that was being advertised on ebay on going to a car auction place, then a year or so later just the engine being sold.. (take it that the new owner wanted the car but not the engine)

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

On 18th Jan, 2016 mollysdad said:

I had hoped the 'kit' would come with instructions of what connected to what but it didn't and although I have got my head around most of it some is still confusing me based on what I have read on here.

So I have attached a picture of the car it came out of with a couple of circles on what I'm confused about.

Firstly there seems to be a hose coming from the actuator and Teeing off to what I assume is the bleed valve and then heading for the plenum. Is this right?

There doesn't seem to be a dump valve unless I am mistaken.

Does the pipework look correct to you?

Thanks for any help.

The hose will go from the plenum to the actuator with bleed valve if pressent...not perticularly wrong but imo but it should go from the compressor turbine to the actuator

No cant see a dumpvalve

I cant see half the pipe work but im goint to assume it goes from the turbo to the plenum via some sort of cooler

Just my opinion.. you bought everything in that picture as a 'kit'.. its clearly not new and is definately not built with standard parts, there is alot of fabrication there in that pic some of which you would probably over look at a glance
Clearly built by some bloke in a shed and you didnt get instructions? .. damn.. what a bac

What do you need pictures of? Even though your settup is a one off there will be essentially no difference to any other turbo aseries

Edited by Brett on 19th Jan, 2016.

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

mollysdad

6 Posts

On 18th Jan, 2016 jonny f said:
Was it this seller?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/301843954385

Oh ****** yes it was him. Oh well we all learn. Now to make the best of it I suppose!

I looked at that diagram and it helped a lot but it was the fact the actuator feed went from the plenum instead of the turbo and the lack of a dump valve that confused me.

mollysdad

6 Posts

Is the lack of a dump valve bad?

jamiestevenbell

336 Posts
Member #: 9941

Derby

Id be amazed if that air filter can flow enough air

jonny f

2091 Posts
Post Whore

Dorking

On 19th Jan, 2016 D4VE said:
Not sure it is, but could be wrong..

i remember the car in the pictures above as a 'reshelled' mk1/2 cooper that was being advertised on ebay on going to a car auction place, then a year or so later just the engine being sold.. (take it that the new owner wanted the car but not the engine)

Yea you're right but then the dodgy engine man got hold of it!

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Ohhhh poop... was it at a crazy price like the rest his stuff? Has dodgey engine guy ever been on here or known to anyone?

jonny f

2091 Posts
Post Whore

Dorking

There was a previous thread where somebody put up a question related to buying one and he was told not to bother.

Maybe good engines but personally I'd buy from a reputable company at that price.

Home > Beginners Tech > 1293 turbo connections
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: