Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Non-Mini Discussion > Kawasaki Z750 - won't start

e5tus

428 Posts
Member #: 10128

Dorset

Unfortunately for me, other forums aren't as good/useful as TM when it comes to something not related to the mini. Got a frustrating issue with my Z750 and if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears...

Had a 2010 Kawasaki Z750 from new, until last year it had never missed a beat. Now it's developed an intermittent starting issue that's pissing me off. On occasion (currently experiencing it) it will not produce a spark. When I try to start it, it will turn over but the FI light will flash.

Via other Kawasaki problem threads I have tried to get the error code and identify the fault but its not the same wiring as the Ninjas that have the issue.

The Kawasaki dealership are useless and the code is not recorded on the bike, they can only diagnose the problem live. I gave up last year and stuck it on a trailer and took into them... Course it bloody worked when I got it there. Their explanation was a sensor that must have failed open or closed when it was hot. Not helpful.

I've tested the stand and gear interlock switches but stumped otherwise. If anyone has any ideas for what I can try or how to get the code let me know...

Stu

PhilR

696 Posts
Member #: 10034
Post Whore

Birmingham

It sounds like something up with the tilt / drop sensor.

A thread that might be worth a read, has some useful info to test and read fault codes...

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/9-tec...cs/17503?page=1

Edited by PhilR on 27th Jan, 2016.

e5tus

428 Posts

Dorset

Will look into the tilt/drop sensor. Thanks

e5tus

428 Posts

Dorset

Looks like you were bang on the money.

This little bastard isn't outputting the right resistance so the bike thinks it's lying on it's side. Took it apart and got a few correct readings off it, then it flatlined again. The weight seems to be jamming up. Got one in the post so fingers crossed...

PhilR I owe you a beer!

PhilR

696 Posts
Post Whore

Birmingham

Fingers crossed, hope that's all it was!

e5tus

428 Posts

Dorset

Legend! She's running again.

So happy! Now to put all the gubbins and fairings back on that were pointlessly taken off whilst hunting for the problem..

Carlzilla

3673 Posts
Member #: 9300
Post Whore

Quarry Bonk

Awesome, as you say there's a lot more expertise on this forum than just mini related info.

On 26th Jan, 2012 Tom Fenton said:
ring problems are down to wear or abuse but although annoying it isn't a show stopper

On 5th Aug, 2014 madmk1 said:
Shit the bed! I had snapped the end of my shaft off!!

17.213 @ 71mph, 64bhp n/a (Old Engine)

PhilR

696 Posts
Post Whore

Birmingham

Excellent, glad it worked! Now if anyone on here can help make my old bike start every time I will be impressed. I hate carbs!

Home > Non-Mini Discussion > Kawasaki Z750 - won't start
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: