Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Non-Mini Discussion > fiat frustrations.

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Member #: 10190
Post Whore

belgium

So...
I have my second fiat ducato in 6.5 years now. Firts one was a second hand and was 12 years old when i left it in the garage with only 110000 km. New belts tyres brakes etc.. but the engine was broken. In the few years i drove it... changed the egr valves turbo valve rear suspension etc... total cost 6000 euro! 3000 for fixing the engine made was the last drop so left it in the garage with 2 months old tyres on it ( all 4 of them+spare!!!!!) Bought a new ducato ( full option showroom model) 100 multijet 2.2 liter (fors engine) 3 years later... we had a new steering rack, new brakes, trouble with the egr valves!!!! So new software to eleminate those 350 euro... locks on the sliding door doesnt lock. Central locking does weird stuff, now it didnt wanted to start because it didnt receive the code from the key when turning because of water infiltration into the cables... 425 euros... although the steering rack was within warrant the rest wasn't. Annother 1200 euro by now in few years time... ( steering rack would have been 2800 on top of it!)

What the fuck is going on with them cars! I never overload i never jump canyons with it heck i don't even drive over speedbumps to fast. Rarely drive over 110 kmh with it
Ow the injecters clogged up to last year while i only get premium diesel in there!

It feels like it spends more time in the garage then on my driveway.

Anyone els drives a ducato here? And has the same priblems with it!? With all the money spend on them i could have bought and insured a audi r6 or something

you can do anything if you set your mind to it...
i rather blow it up winning than keep it together losing.

finish date set for project 1... march 2018

Carlzilla

3673 Posts
Member #: 9300
Post Whore

Quarry Bonk

Shauna had a peugeot van for work, probably the same/similar van and that was always knackered. And the side door fell off it a few times 😂

On 26th Jan, 2012 Tom Fenton said:
ring problems are down to wear or abuse but although annoying it isn't a show stopper

On 5th Aug, 2014 madmk1 said:
Shit the bed! I had snapped the end of my shaft off!!

17.213 @ 71mph, 64bhp n/a (Old Engine)

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

Wife had a fiat 500 abarth from new. After 3 years bits started falling off. door handle fell off, boot stopped opening, seat release bust, knobs and switches fell off the dash.

It'd only done 25k.

Funnily enough, when I went to fiat, they had all the parts on the shelf!!!

They got put on and the car got rid of.

Credit to fiat for building a car that lasts just as long as the warranty, that can't be easy!

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

Ben H

3329 Posts
Member #: 184

Melton Mowbray, Pie Country

Fix It Again Tomorrow still holds true. We had a fiat new once and after 3 years it started to go wrong. Wife set off the airbags and that was the end of that.

Shame as it was a nice car to drive, looked ok, did good mpg.

http://www.twin-turbo.co.uk
http://www.hillclimbandsprint.co.uk/default.asp

A man without a project is like a like a woman without a shopping list.

jamiestevenbell

336 Posts
Member #: 9941

Derby

I own a alfa romeo mito, I've had It 3 years and it's a brilliant car and never gone wrong! Unless I've been lucky lol with regards to fiat vans they are utter rubbish I once hired one and the side door fell off twice in 1 day! I personally think vivaro's are brilliant vans, mines done over 240,000 miles never had a new gearbox or any thing major on the engine! Just a new clutch! It's not super fast anymore but will happily sit on the motorway at 80mph

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

Vivaro's are to small for me. I like how it drives... glad the door never fell of! (Although the lock of the side door needs replacing ) drives not bad when it drives but suspension is noisy. Thats true for sure. Ah well. It has a year mot left. Will need new tyres next mot... who knows... would love a meecedes sprinter... mate has 450000 km with one now.

monsterob

264 Posts
Member #: 11029

Crewe

You cant beat a transit ...... until the diesel solenoid on the pump goes ... or the dust from the clutch clogs the starter ...... and so on and so on

Outside the box

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

Long story short... they really don't make them like they used to... cant see how it would still be going strong in 60 years from now... like my uncle his barcas.

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Fucked
In
A
Tick

They've never been well made, so must be atrocious now.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

Stop it, you're freaking me out.

I spent £60k on a Ducato a few months ago !

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

apbellamy

16540 Posts
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

More fool you.

i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

apbellamy

16540 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOlbOZ9w84I

*hehe!*

jamiestevenbell

336 Posts
Member #: 9941

Derby

Sprinters must be a good option but have they solved the terrible rust problem? Half of them look like they have lived in Iraq!

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

I brought a crash damaged 1996 punto 10 years ago for £200... after a year or so i gave it to my mum.. shes been driving it problem free ever since! Normal stuff like exhaust n tyres etc.. the cambelt even snapped once and it didnt do any damage at all! (Fire engines i think they called them?) I know some fiats are full of problems but this lil old puntos an angel!....

So personally i think you get good cars... you get bad cars... its got fook all to do with makes or models.. they are machines and machines break! They are only as good as the parts its made of or the wolly whos chucking that one together on a friday afternoon..

Edited by D4VE on 30th Jan, 2016.

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

Sprinters and fords rust faster then they drive. 60k... sounds like its the same as mine... *happy* and they should sell the once from monday mornings and friday afternoons to the state... at least like that there would be a reasen to pay all them taxes.. or they can invend a new one... fiat tax...

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Member #: 648
Post Whore

Northern Ireland (ex AUS)

A female friend of mine has a Alfa Giulletta and generally it's ok but serious electrical issues. As everything is ECU comtrolled sometimes the alarm won't arm, or occasionally the car starts and drives but there is not electrics, no lights or dash. The worst bit is the dealership, when you have issues they come out with the worst excuses to palm you off. They're real nasty pieces of work and complete crooks.

On 7th Nov, 2008 Nic said:
naeJ
m
!!!!!!sdrawkcab si gnihtyreve ?droabyekym ot deneppah sah tahw ayhwdd

Yo-Han

967 Posts
Member #: 3228
Post Whore

North of the Netherlands

http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=59208

Where has the time gone...
(Robert must love this.... I do!)

Dazed and Confused....

Cables123

6 Posts
Member #: 11097

I had a grande punto sporting from new (probably exactly the same as alfa mito someone mentioned earlier), great car the wheel bearing when on the rear twice in 3 years which i thought was odd, but it was sorted under warranty, that car only comes second to my first ever car a citroen zx non turbo D, it had done 150k miles but was like brand new

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

It was a rotten out cable. Water going into a conection made a cable rust out. ... 450 euros to replace 30 cm of cable...

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

A friend runs 2 Ducatos and another a camper van.

Side doors are crap, fuel filter housing a fuck up. But other than that, routine servicing work they've been very good

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

Home > Non-Mini Discussion > fiat frustrations.
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: