Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Beginners Tech > A Guide To Uploading Pictures Using the Basic Upload Tool

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

If you want to upload pictures or other supported files in your topic or post quickly, to share with others on the forum, you can use the basic upload tool located at the bottom of the 'Post Topic' or 'Post Reply window' by clicking on the link 'Add Attachments' in the bottom left of the page, and the 'Browse' button appears. (see picture 1)

Note that you can only upload documents with the extension .jpg .gif .bmp .zip .pdf

Click the 'Browse' button and a pop up window appears. Find and select the picture or file you wish to upload on your computer and then click the 'Open' button. (see picture 2)

Once the 'Open' button has been clicked, you are returned to your 'Post Topic' or 'Post Reply' and you should notice the name of the file you selected is next to the 'Browse' button, and also that there is now another 'Browse' button below it. Note that you can only add 4 pictures or files per post, so you can now repeat the process of selecting the files you want to upload another 3 times. (see picture 3)

The only other requirement here is that you need to add at least one character into the Message box, but most of the time, you will be typing something here anyway.

You can now click the 'Post Thread' or 'Post Reply' button on the bottom right of the window to submit it to the forum. This will upload the pictures to the forum and add tiles at the Bottom of the post for others to click on. Clicking on the tiles opens a popup window with the full size picture. You can if you wish then copy the URL of that picture, edit your original post and add them into the main message (See Picture 4) using the [img] BBCode https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Edited by Sprocket on 31st Jan, 2016.

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

On 30th Jan, 2016 Sprocket said:

Note that you can only upload documents with the extension .jpg .gif .bmp .zip .pdf and be aware that these extensions are case sensitive. For example, a file DC000001.JPG with an upper case extension (.JPG) will refuse to upload. If your files use the upper case extensions, you need to edit the document extension, replacing it with lower case before you can upload them.

i will just add, in most cases you can simply rename the file "DC000001.JPG" and type the .jpg in lower case e.g "DC000001.jpg" once the name is saved the picture will upload

im not sure if its just my phone or the site but i cannot upload a 16mp image, i have to drop the size by atleast half

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

AlexB
Site Admin

6262 Posts
Member #: 1
The boring bloke who runs this place.

Berkshire

Great guide for a pants UI I developed over 10 years ago! *happy*

When I get a moment I'll give it a tickle to make it less fussy.

AlexB
Site Admin

6262 Posts

Berkshire

Uploads are no longer case sensitive so file extensions can be whatever case, and the file size limit has been increased.

:)

Brett

9502 Posts
Post Whore

On 30th Jan, 2016 AlexB said:
Uploads are no longer case sensitive so file extensions can be whatever case, and the file size limit has been increased.

:)

Cool cheers :) hopefully can upload from the phone now :)

Does that include the non forum section too? I tend to use that alot

Edited by Brett on 31st Jan, 2016.

Instagram @jdm_brett

AlexB
Site Admin

6262 Posts

Berkshire

Filesize yes, but haven't changed the code so if it was finicky then it still will be.

Brett

9502 Posts
Post Whore

Cool cheers

Instagram @jdm_brett

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

I'll edit the first post to reflect the fix to remove any confusion.

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Member #: 10190
Post Whore

belgium

every time i try this i get a box with you have to put in a title or something while i just was replying to my own post

if i do 1 at a time it does work. picture's to big?

Edited by Rammie2000 on 16th May, 2018.

you can do anything if you set your mind to it...
i rather blow it up winning than keep it together losing.

finish date set for project 1... march 2018

Home > Beginners Tech > A Guide To Uploading Pictures Using the Basic Upload Tool
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: