Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Beginners Tech > manifolds

benspickup

43 Posts
Member #: 9608

Lincolnshire

Digging up a old thread but I've sourced all the flanges and the pipe work for the manifold. Is it a massive detriment in power to have it likewise mirage design were it looks somewhat restrictive rather than trying to produce a manifold similar to a lcb.
In my mind the log type manifolds look like tho gasses are going to be fighting to get out... I guest that's the compromise you take though if you don't want to butcher the bulkhead?
Do many people use the mirage type manifold
Cheers Ben

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

There was a debate/argument in a thread VERY recently... cant remember where it was.. im sure someone will

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

They'll be fighting to get their way out through the turbine scroll and turbine itself too.

No doubt there can be better manifold designs, but you could easily make enough power with a crap log design to easily blow up almost any A-series and its gearbox.

So really depends how much room you have, how much time and money as to where those resources are directed.

Edited by stevieturbo on 31st Jan, 2016.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

1pickupKev

19 Posts
Member #: 11316

Cambridge

I have also been looking in to this I bought a mirage style kit but I'm now thinking about the fuesion side mount they say they give around an extra 15 bhp due to the flow of fumes I also thought it would then mount the air filter right next to grill what do you guys think?

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Personal choice isn't it, sounds like you've just sold it to yourself.

Although with a log mani you can still put the filter by the grill easy enough.

1pickupKev

19 Posts
Member #: 11316

Cambridge

Yes I think I have lol but it's not cheap so it's nice to others thoughts. The other thing I'm thinking is when I put an intercooler in I also want that by the grill so it's trying to make room for all pipe work.

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

if i did mine over id just do a simple steel pipe log mani and be done with the dam thing as the others say the turbine and houseing are the real restrictions and after all turbos work by pressure ratio..
yes there may be more power to be had in a tuned setup but with the head ache ive had on mine ill never do it again.. in my eyes a better sized turbo over a better manifold any day

Home > Beginners Tech > manifolds
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: