Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > Wet Manifold and Typhoon Assistance

evolotion

2909 Posts
Member #: 83
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

Finally one of the most important aspects of any ecu is support, I dont know if theres a backstory here so im not goint there and am certainly not inquiring, but if you feel the support isnt there, move to a different ecu and cut your losses, especially if your throwing dyno time at this, your probably close to the cost of another ecu already.

turbo 16v k-series 11.9@118.9 :)

Denis O'Brien.

tmsmini

186 Posts
Member #: 7637
Advanced Member

Fremont California

Alan is sending the new Spartan, so I should receive it this week. That will allow me to capture one channel of AFR which at this point will be fine.

The only time wasted so far is mine, although I did take it to a tuner for a session several months ago.
Yes, at some point a decision needs to be made, as other have suggested, that there is no value in spending any more time with the system. I have a JBperf Microsquirt that needs a harness and a few other details sorted.

I am not quite there yet, as it is a learning experience for me. I plan to call them as others have had better support via phone. Unfortunately I will be away for work for a number of days which will halt any progress.
Terry

tmsmini

186 Posts
Advanced Member

Fremont California

Got a reply from SC-Delta. Still trying to decipher how it applies, progress though...

Kevin

1 Posts
Member #: 11411

I've problem of "engine died at a stop sign" too.
I think that the idle speed control is the key.

I've modified some idle control setting on my MPI Typhoon ECU.
First, in the "Idle speed control variables", enlarge "idle control TPS Enable Threshold[%]" from 0.78 to 1.56.
Second, reduce "Dashpot dRPM Trigger" from 1000 to 5.
All of these setting will make the Typhoon ECU enter Idle control a bit earlier to prevent engine from stall. Also, you can try to disable "Over-run fuel cut-off".

I think that the "Main spark advance" of base mapping did not take control of spark advance when idling.
The Idle control spark advance is controlled by 2 setting:
"Idle control Base spark advance" and "Idle control proportional spark advance".
The first one is "BASE" referenced spark advance when idling.
The second setting provide spark advance correction in accordance with the RPM error when idling.

You can try these setting and, hope it can resolve the issue of "engine died at a stop sign".
PS: MY ECU is Typhoon 2 (not Delta 400) and, the version of SXtune is 2.2

Currently, I am struggling with another engine died problem.
My car equipped with A/C.
When idling and A/C on, the RPM dropped and engine died.

Attachments:

tmsmini

186 Posts
Advanced Member

Fremont California

Kevin:
Thank you for the post. I was away for a week with work and then another week for a family vacation.
I am trying to work through things with SC.
We were sidetracked by getting a check on fuel pressure, so I ordered a gauge. My implementation is in an LWB car whose tank can present issues with surge. Fuel pressure was steady even at low volume and hard stops and acceleration.

They have had me turn off "over-run fuel cutoff." It seems to have helped, but there is still some faltering when coming to a stop.

I will investigate the other settings you mentioned. Unfortunately I am like an old dog with a bone and still keep chewing on the problem when it may make more sense to move in a different direction.
Thanks again
Terry

tmsmini

186 Posts
Advanced Member

Fremont California

So with the adjustment to fuel overrun, the car does not die at stop signs. The RPM does drop pretty far, but with no idle air valve to temper the change to off throttle I am not sure how much should be expected.

SC did have me test the fuel pressure and with 5 or 6 runs over three days there was little variation.

But I am seeing this in the AFR with the Spartan2

All other variables are relatively stable, but the lambda fluctuates., making me think that there is an issue with the Spartan2 or soke manifold leak I can't fine.

Link to large imagehttp://www.tmsmini.com/cooper/delta-sc_efi...a-variation.jpg

Is there a way in Mega Log Viewer to change the time units displayed?
I have not made any other changes as suggested by Kevin's post , yet.

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

So you have sorted the ignition timing

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

tmsmini

186 Posts
Advanced Member

Fremont California

I would not say it is sorted. Turning off the over run has made it drivable to the point where I am driving it to work.

At least with the 30 minute drive to work I am able to log data and review it. There are still some inconsistencies I don't understand.

I need to review the physical installation again looking for manifold leaks or other sources.
And I need to check the settings and sensors variables. For instance, this morning I noticed a difference between the mechanical coolant temp gauge and the value being reported through SX Tune. I have changed MAPs in and out so many times, perhaps I lost the values for the Rover MPi style coolant sensor.

I know I saw them posted either here or on one of the megasquirt forums.

It is probably close enough that I think I feel comfortable driving it the 200 miles to the rolling road.

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

I guess we are spoiled in the UK. I know of 3 rolling roads within 10 miles!

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

tmsmini

186 Posts
Advanced Member

Fremont California

I should clarify, it is a 200 mile round trip so only 100 miles distant.

And there are other RRs closer, but none have experience with A-series Minis or at best very very limited experience.
This person actually owns a Mini and has experience with SC Typhoon ECUs.

So I don't know if you are spoiled in the UK or those of us in the US are just at a disadvantage...

metroturbo

806 Posts
Member #: 989
Post Whore

North Yorkshire

Spoiled, or just all rammed into a tiny island *Rofl!*

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

On 15th Jul, 2016 Tom Fenton said:
are they any good though? I'd travel 100 miles if they were good at what they do? Just because they can operate the rollers doesnt mean they know how to tune an engine?.........

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

evolotion

2909 Posts
Member #: 83
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

if your not running an idle valve try leaning out the cells he engine runs in as it drops down to idle this will have the side effect of being a little lean on over-run at low rpms but it will help catch the idle better and you may be able to reach a compromise.

turbo 16v k-series 11.9@118.9 :)

Denis O'Brien.

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

On 16th Jul, 2016 Sprocket said:

On 15th Jul, 2016 Tom Fenton said:
are they any good though? I'd travel 100 miles if they were good at what they do? Just because they can operate the rollers doesnt mean they know how to tune an engine?.........

One is John Sleath, is he good, yes very!

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

tmsmini

186 Posts
Advanced Member

Fremont California

So I am back at this after having been sidetracked by a brand new rack failure, issues with brakes and the Typhoon choosing to disconnect intermittently.

I actually drove about 15 short trips with minimal issues. The temperature was relatively warm as it only now has turned colder. I was already to start driving it to work to collect some data and now the fancy modification to the fuel tank is leaking...probably just needs tightening
One thing after another...

I guess I am still over quota on questions at SC as I wanted to buy another USB-Can cable to leave in the car, but no response from multiple emails.

Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > Wet Manifold and Typhoon Assistance
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: