Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Greenhorn build mini mk2

Thumz

8 Posts
Member #: 11317

Johannesburg, South Africa

So I've finally started working on my mini, bought it some time back and thought it would be the perfect student car (don't get me wrong I wanted to make her go fast the moment I saw her on the net). I've been putting this build off for some time now because i couldn't figure out what motor i should use, long story short I'm doing things differently and starting with the exterior and cosmetics first before i can give her a heart of fire!!!*happy* This will be the first build I am doing on my own and on a mini, i have worked on fords and VW's before this but nothing as major as this so have some but little experience (lucky for me i have friends in high places*happy*). at the moment busy stripping her and awaiting feedback from Kingston fiberglass in Hull for that mean cooper s bonnet and miglia arches (any feedback on their products?), then she will be sent in for some paint and bodywork. The doors are giving me a fight though any idea how to get to the bottom screw on the top hinge??? will post pics later

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

I take it you are trying to take the doors off? are they the exterior hinges or internal?

never heard of Kingston Fibreglass but then again, I've never looked either

Thumz

8 Posts

Internal hinges Rob, I'm from South Africa found them on eBay*oh well*

Thumz

8 Posts

Mini is a little sad and depressed at the moment, but it will get better soon, moving it into the garage where its a little neater.

Attachments:

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

doors should be unbolted from the inner arch area; 4nr 7/16 nuts. You can then remove the hinges from the door once they are off the car

Thumz

8 Posts

Thanks Rob *Clapping* doors are out!!!

Thumz

8 Posts

hi guys can anyone tell me whether leaving the doors off whilst the car is on stands will majorly affect the body shape and/or rigidity?

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

I do hope not !!

If that were the case I wonder what would happen every time you opened the doors with four people inside.(Or if you could close them after they got in)

Home > Show Us Yours! > Greenhorn build mini mk2
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: