Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Does anyone know whats involved in fitting sliding windows to mk3 doors?

JetBLICK

243 Posts
Member #: 1261

Droitwich

I was going to just by all the parts i think i need from minispares and just have a go. But then i remembered plastics 4 performance do a kit

http://www.plastics4performance.com/window...rsion-3087.html

On their site though it says to allow 12-20 days because parts have to be made, so its got me wandering how involved this is going to be and whether its worth just buying the kit. Theres about £20 difference in price between buying the kit and parts from minispares, with the addition of 'adaptor plates' in the plastics for performance kit. The difference being I can have the minispares stuff without the wait and crack on this week.

Having never really looked at or disassembled a mk1 window, I'm not really sure whats involved.

I figure now is a good time to sort it if something needs modifying.

Ta, Dan

philc

1394 Posts
Member #: 1346
Post Whore

bromsgrove

cheap at half the price *surprised*

theoneeyedlizard

7260 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

You need to add a filler plate Between the inner and outer skin where the lower runner sits.

I got mine ages ago from here. But haven't yet got around to fitting them.
http://www.minidoor.co.uk/streetfighter.html

In the 13's at last!.. Just

JetBLICK

243 Posts

Droitwich

cheers guys but i sorted it now, found a guy locally with mk1 doors and went and had a look how they were put together.

The only bit i havnt worked out is how to fit the top of the aluminium doorskin to the steel flange i've created. On a mk1 doorskin it looks like it folds over like it does round the rest of the door. But a mk3 doorskin doesnt have enough material to fold over :/

theoneeyedlizard

7260 Posts

Essex

You should have an L shaped piece of steel.

You fold over the vertical seal portion of the inner skin. Then weld the L shape piece in so that the edge meets the outer skin edge. You can then bond these together with tiger seal.

theoneeyedlizard

7260 Posts

Essex

JetBLICK

243 Posts

Droitwich

yea.. makes sense, the 'L' shaped bit ive already done, its the bonding the skin on i havnt yet.

Home > General Chat > Does anyone know whats involved in fitting sliding windows to mk3 doors?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: