Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Anyone know a trick on spi/rover immobiliser?

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Anyone know any tricks on bypassing/removing the immobiliser? A friend has a 90's sidewalk spi n i believe the immobiliser talks to the ecu? Is this correct? His fobs are not communicating to the alarm to turn it off so stopping playtime! *frown*

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

Depends on the year..... 90's is a bit vague lol as they nade minis in every year lol.

The Coded ECU's only really were fitted mid 1995 onwards. As its a sidewalk spi, unfortunately, your right in the mix.

Replace the fob battery and press the unlock button four times to re synchronise the fob. If the fobs are broken, often just the buttons, you need to either have them repaired or have new fobs coded to the alarm ECU.

You can replace the engine ecu with an uncoded one then a little wiring mod will get you on your way.

No magic fix im afraid if its deffo the coded ecu.

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Off top my head its a 96? M/N reg? I think hes said the chips in the fobs are goosed.. i shall forward what youve said on to him ta

PhilR

696 Posts
Member #: 10034
Post Whore

Birmingham

See the response to my question here...

http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/topic...an-immobiliser/

Sounds unlikely that both fobs are dead, try the new batteries and resynch first.

Mine is 96 N reg, and for what its worth, I've studied the MEMs pinout but fail to see how the ECU talks to the imob. I'm not 100% convinced they're actually linked. I still have my ECU wired up to my PC and fake trigger wheel signal. Should be easy enough to tell if its immobilised without the alarm connected.

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

They do talk, or at least one way. The alarm ecu sends a code to the engine ecu. Only the lat model SPi and onwards have it. These cars are easily identifiable with the 24way fuse box in the engine bay. The body loom to engine loom connector has an aditional wire not on earlier models, for the code transmission, colour white/grey. Its only one way, alarm ecu to engine ecu. The engine ecu listens for the code. Without it, or the wrong code, ecu functions are inhibited. The alarm ecu serves as a simple imobilizer too, cutting the starter circuit.

Edited by Sprocket on 5th May, 2016.

So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

On a side note, a lot of the K series tuners use the Emerald after market ECU's, as Emerald have cleverly included this imobilizer function, which can learn the code being transmitted, thereby retaining the imobilizer function if desired.

Edited by Sprocket on 5th May, 2016.

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Doh.. so no easy way of just tricking the ecu into thinking the alarm is always off? I believe resyncing fobs is out of the question as 1's completely useless and the others circuit is now broken? But i shall get exact problems from him rather than all this off top my head.. poor guys minis stuck at his folks place

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

My car never had an alarm, but all the wiring is there. In place of the alarm ecu was a similar box with the same connector, but all it did was link through the starter circuit. The engine ECU was non coded.

I've now installed an alarm ECU (i dont need the engibe code). I bought the alarm ECU and refurbished fobs from this guy http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&...8236171&alt=web he supplied the later two plug version of the ECU and the extra connector and fly loom so i could wire up the light flash too.

D4VE

2974 Posts
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Thanks have passed that link on

viz139

108 Posts
Member #: 9182
Advanced Member

I bought a none running '96 SPi a few years back and had to do a lot of reserch about the immobilizer.The engine cranking can be bypassed but the ECU needs the programmed code.What I did find ( but can't find the link now) was a black box which pluged into the alarm plug ( sounds like Sprocket's) that bypassed the cranking and sent a code to the ECU automaticey when the ignition was turned on. My problem which is proberbly unrelated but did show up on a Rover technical bulleton was that somebody had "probed" the alarm connector and although power was at the plug it wasn't getting through to the alarm. Another problem when working on these cars is that all the available wiring diagrams listed for '95-'96 minis are wrong, the wiring for the loom with the 24 way fusebox is a combination of Spi '92-'94 and MPi. I have managed to reverse engineer the proper loom wiring diagram.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Anyone know a trick on spi/rover immobiliser?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: