Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Technical Chat > Clutch option

burcy35

177 Posts
Member #: 10990
Advanced Member

Hornsea

Hey guys,

At the moment I run a pre verto with a 5 fingered sintered plate, grey pressure plate, lightened flywheel with the lugs machined down on the back plate. I plan to make a RTS clutch later in the year.
My problem is that the clutch I have at the moment is a nightmare to drive with in traffic. I may of cooked it at the Blyton track weekend but I could do with a temporary set up as I have a few shows to attend which means sat in traffic. What pre vertio set up would you recommend that is easy to get on with? I won't be turning the boost up to 15, I would stick to about 10.

Cheers, Roy B

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

Try a full friction disc instead of the paddle, with a grey cover it should hang on, and be more useable in traffic etc.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

burcy35

177 Posts
Advanced Member

Hornsea

Cheers tom I will try one of those. At the moment the clutch is either on or off and anything in between is lots of judder. I have 4 bottom engine steadys and 1 top steady with new bushes so there is not much else I can do. My flywheel may be slightly warped from heat when I did the track weekend if that's possible.

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

I had the same issue with my paddle plate. As tom suggests, go for the solid one as it transformed mine for the short period before I went to rts

burcy35

177 Posts
Advanced Member

Hornsea

Well I changed my clutch this weekend for a full friction disk and it's mint. So nice not to have my fillings knocked out every time I wanted to go for a drive. I will put the paddle back in at the next track day.
Shame I still have the leaning off on boost and I have changed the carb, pipes, checked fpr and pump, needle, dashpot oils and springs. The only thing I need to change would be the fuel filter. Any other ideas would be great. Thanks. It's f ing winding me up.

JT

2742 Posts
Member #: 637
Post Whore

Hertfordshire

What oil do you have in the dash pot?

My build thread..

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=542985

burcy35

177 Posts
Advanced Member

Hornsea

Hi Josh.
I have tried the standard su oil and 20 50, I have even doubled up the springs. It's a frustrating one because it was running fine one minute then I gave it full throttle then it backed off and showing lean. I have been through everything that i can think of, i am fed up with taking the carb off. I have had to richen it so much that the jet looks very low in the jet holder. The filter is the only thing that I haven't tried yet.

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

have you got a vacuum leak?

metroturbo

806 Posts
Member #: 989
Post Whore

North Yorkshire

I had the same issue and blocking the balance pipe fixed it. I've actually now got a solenoid in the balance pipe that is controlled by the megajolt, but that is just to give me the off boost lean out for good cruising mpg.

Home > Technical Chat > Clutch option
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: