Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Need help with my 1293 turbo

Shane136

3 Posts
Member #: 10467

Hi guys hope someone can help with this

I've built a 1293 mini turbo I've finally got it running ticking over. its not yet road worthy so only been running in my garage. The motor itself is ticking over nicely running 3.25 psi fuel pressure and it increasing as expected when revving up ticking over at 14.3-.8 on the afr gauge, what seems to happen is when it's revved up with the turbo connected at about 3000-3500rpm it sounds like it's missing. I've taken the plugs off one by one and the engine tone changes as expected so all cylinders seem to be performing as expected, compression tests on all cylinders and are matched. when the turbo is disconnected the miss doesn't seem as bad as when it is hooked up. Any ideas?

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

fuel pressure should not rise untill your inlet manifold pressure goes positive ( on boost)
(you wont get that in your garage by reving it)
have you fitted the plenum - carb gasket the right way round / does it have the hole for the float bowl pressurisation,

google / search the 'T' piece mod see if that helps

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

Shane136

3 Posts

Yes the plenum gasket is fitted correctly (although i did find initially I fitted a na gasket) im getting the fuel pressure rising about 2 psi on revving the engine, I will definitely look at the t piece option and go through the process I'm quite new to turbo steps and can't believe how much there is to it! Throughout the build I tried to research as much as I can just couldn't under stand why it was running fine (to an extent as not yet rolling road tuned) and when the turbo is connected up no running very well.

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

where do you have the boost pressure reference port on the fuel pressure regulator connected to?
it should be to the plenum not the inlet manifold, thats the only thing i can think of that would make the fuel pressure rise when revved

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

robert

6743 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

depends on what turbo brett , i can get pos boost on mine revving it .

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

Shane136

3 Posts

So I've checked have the reassure regulator top connection straight to plenum as na engine it runs fine but as soon as I hook up the turbo it run likes a bag of poop

theoneeyedlizard

7260 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

What fuel pump are you using?
What needle is in the carb?
What have you done with the part throttle pipe?

Can you post a photo of the pipe work going to your carb.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Need help with my 1293 turbo
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: