Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Non-Mini Discussion > The wife's DS3's gone pop...

evad1980

1142 Posts
Member #: 10165
Post Whore

Stansted, Essex

Morning all,

The wife's motor (2013 Citroen DS3) packed up on the motorway today. I was at work so she called out the RAC to rescue her and she was told that the turbo was knackered after the bloke put his diagnostic machine on it.. She can still drive the car, in fact she did the few miles home after but couldn't go above 50mph as the car went into limp mode.
She's had it from new and the warranty is finished but thought I'd ask your opinions on getting this fixed for nothing by Citroen as its only 3 years old and done less than 17k!
We have spoke to no one yet about the problem, I'm not sure where we would stand with this one...?

What do you reckon, worth trying to get Citroen to replace/repair gratis? Or no hope?

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

Has it been serviced to the schedule and at a Citroen main dealer?

If so then you may be able to negotiate some "goodwill" contribution from Citroen towards the repair. You will still have to stump out some cash.

If not, I think you will be on your own and have to pay for the repair.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

evad1980

1142 Posts
Post Whore

Stansted, Essex

Yes it's just had its last 'free' service, she was given 3 years as part of the deal.

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

I'd speak to the dealer first and see what they will do. if they don't play ball, become a very polite but disgruntled customer on a Saturday afternoon

metroturbo

806 Posts
Member #: 989
Post Whore

North Yorkshire

I'd be going back to the dealer, as your contract of sale was with them. You can expect the goods to last a reasonable length of time (but there is ultimately a six year time limit), and I'd wager you wouldn't struggle to prove in court that a turbo on 3 year old, 17K mile car, that has been fully serviced, has not lasted a reasonable length of time.

evad1980

1142 Posts
Post Whore

Stansted, Essex

Yeah that's true...

evad1980

1142 Posts
Post Whore

Stansted, Essex

I spoke to Citroen today, they said the fact it had been serviced on schedule will help towards our case. The wife rang our local Citroen and they want £85 just to look at it.. And tell us already what we know!
Either way we're gonna get stung I reckon... Maybe a reduced rate of 'stinging' as its only out of warranty... Certainly not for nowt though! Oh well, we can only try!

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Member #: 9764
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

Sure it's the turbo?? And the head doesn't need a decoke as it's a pug/citroen/mini engine?

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Member #: 9764
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

Sure it's the turbo?? And the head doesn't need a decoke as it's a pug/citroen/mini engine?

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

£85 sounds like the typical charge to plug in the diagnostic. Stand by your ground and make sure you get that refunded when citroen hsve to roll over and accept liability

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

Just as a reference, how much is a used eBay turbo? Hopefully it won't come to that, but it may.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

A little odd that the turbo is knackered...but no other symptoms ?

ie pishing oil out, burning oil etc etc ?

What engine is it ? Anything with dci...doesnt usually last long. But lets face it, at 17k, dealer history......would it ever even have been serviced ?

It certainly should have failed though, but without a proper diagnosis you just have to wait to see what story the dealer comes up with

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

evad1980

1142 Posts
Post Whore

Stansted, Essex

To be honest I ain't even seen the car yet myself so don't know about any other possible problems... I'll have a butchers at it tomo...

The engine is a diesel 1.6 tdci

minimole23

4296 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

Well, I have a DS3 diesel as a company car and just had the engine light come on at 28k

Took it to be looked at and it turns out the actuator to the wastegate/vnt stuff need replacing as its not feeding back the right signals to the ecu, so although a turbo problem, its not about to blow up and not a new turbo.

Edited by minimole23 on 27th Jul, 2016.

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

evolotion

2909 Posts
Member #: 83
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

The 1.6 diesels fairly bad for coking up on short journeys, eother the dpf blocks up or the vnt mechanism seizes and takes it out on the turbo. Odd she was told it was driveable with a dead turbo, due to potential dieseling on engine oil id never advise it. Perhaps a missdiagnosis?

turbo 16v k-series 11.9@118.9 :)

Denis O'Brien.

Home > Non-Mini Discussion > The wife's DS3's gone pop...
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: