Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Megajolt connection help needed

ian2000t

143 Posts
Member #: 2764
Advanced Member

Halesowen

I've asked this on the Megajolt forum, but it looks dead - so I'm not holding out for any responses! Any techies on here that can give some advice?
--------------------------------------------------------

My Mini was running Megajolt for about 5 years before it came off the road. It's ready to go back on the road now, but I can't get the Megajolt software to connect to the Megajolt controller.

I've used the same RS232 Prolific USB adapter as I always have. I have this installed in Windows 8, without the "Code 10" error I've had with the newer versions.

I have used Tera Term to connect on Port 5, and can confirm that random characters come back with pressing "C" or "S". I've tried the following Configuration versions, all configured to "COM5", but all I get back is "Timeout reading..." - whether that is the version in "about", or "cylinder count", etc:

Can't remember what version mine was running previously - but none of these versions even tell me in "About" what the controller version is.

Any thoughts what to try next? As I'm getting responses through Tera Term, my thoughts are the PC, USB Serial and Megajolt are all working - but doesn't explain why the configurator software won't connect..

1994 Mini Mayfair, 1330, Mspd Ph2 cam, Benross turbo head, 9:1, GT1752, TT Intercooler, MegaJolt, BMW M3 leather seats.

Carlzilla

3673 Posts
Member #: 9300
Post Whore

Quarry Bonk

Dodgy adapter? Is this still an older version or a newer lite unit? Might be worth getting a laptop specifically for mj with an older windows version on if you can with a dedicated serial port. I had problems with Shaunas initially using a newer configurator with the older mj unit, once id realised which to use and got a working usb serial adapter it's been okay since. Had to make my own lead for the mj lite as it's not a serial connection to the mj unit anymore adding more unnecessary adaption, be nice if they developed pnp usb connectivity.

On 26th Jan, 2012 Tom Fenton said:
ring problems are down to wear or abuse but although annoying it isn't a show stopper

On 5th Aug, 2014 madmk1 said:
Shit the bed! I had snapped the end of my shaft off!!

17.213 @ 71mph, 64bhp n/a (Old Engine)

ian2000t

143 Posts
Advanced Member

Halesowen

Can't remember what version it is - it's so long since I last messed with it!

It's not the Megajolt/E version - it's earlier than that - one of the "home-build" kits they used to do.

Not sure why it would be the adapter though, because like I say, though Tera Term, I can do a loopback test on the serial cable, and I can get responses from the MJ unit - although random characters.

1994 Mini Mayfair, 1330, Mspd Ph2 cam, Benross turbo head, 9:1, GT1752, TT Intercooler, MegaJolt, BMW M3 leather seats.

ian2000t

143 Posts
Advanced Member

Halesowen

Looking at the pictures, I'm sure mine is a v4 board - as it has MAP, but it's mounted on the end of the board, not in the middle, with a piece of hose.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Megajolt connection help needed
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: