Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Back with more passion and drive

madonminis

644 Posts
Member #: 9371
Post Whore

East Yorkshire

So for those of you on here that know me you may have thought I'd disappeared as I've rarely posted anything for the past year. The truth is that whilst being away in the Army I never got anytime on my car. When i was home on weekends I would spend the time with my daughter. This hasn't stopped me buying all kinds of weird and wonderful things for it. I had also saved up enough money to get it resprayed properly in the correct colour i wanted originally... Old English White Please note that I HAD saved money...
You see whilst everyone else was enjoying MITP and I was sulking because I haven't owned a working mini in about 10 years I checked Ebay and picked up a right little project.
So now I don't have 1 knackered mini, but 2. Having just left the employment of her Majesty I should hopefully have time to spend on them now.
So I would proudly like to introduce my new little MK1

Now I'm unsure how long the turbo will take to complete... probably another 13 years.
The plan is to get all the welding done to the MK1 and have her painted. Then I will fit a NA 1275 with some light tuning so I can enjoy having a mini again. then the turbo will resume.
That's the plan this week anyway... subject to change LOL

BHP sells engines, but Torque wins races!

JT

2742 Posts
Member #: 637
Post Whore

Hertfordshire

Welcome back mate!

Just start off with the easy satisfing jobs first then you'll be in love with it again!! :)

My build thread..

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=542985

stefaz

1252 Posts
Member #: 1656
Post Whore

stoke-on-trent

The exact reason my engine is being built

On 22nd Aug, 2016 JT said:
Welcome back mate!

Just start off with the easy satisfing jobs first then you'll be in love with it again!! :)

Cool project. Hope you get it done before 13 years

On 23rd Oct, 2009 sim_ou_nao said:

eu gosto de mamas = i like boobs

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Looks nice! Proparr barn foind there boyo

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Member #: 9038
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

Glad to see you're back! How long did you serve? I've been out since november, i thought the same about getting more time on the mini. But having a daughter changed that! Get there eventually though...

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

I like that

madonminis

644 Posts
Post Whore

East Yorkshire

Got out last month Harry. She's worse than she looks. Was only taken off the road in 2012 but is been patched pretty badly for 49 years. Can't decide what colour to go with though :(

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

enjoy it, what are you doing for work now then?

madonminis

644 Posts
Post Whore

East Yorkshire

Working for the RAF via babcock. Nice to be doing the same job with a beard ams be home every night lol

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

On 25th Aug, 2016 madonminis said:
Working for the RAF via babcock. Nice to be doing the same job with a beard ams be home every night lol

hahahaha I work for babcock too. I work at a transmitting station locally, can't give too much away. There is plenty of info with a quick google....And yeh i've let the beard grow out too. I know another lad from your trade who got MD'd and works for babcock too down in Devon.

Whats your styling plans for this mini? Leeping with the mk1 styling?

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Stumbled across this... https://www.gumtree.com/p/Austin/1967-austi...tion/1138420247

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

madonminis

644 Posts
Post Whore

East Yorkshire

So did I dave. Rang him on Monday to find out some more info about the car. Really helpful chap.
Think the styling will be a typical Cooper replica. I want OEW but then I'll have 2 white minis lol. Probably have the same wheels too as I have 11 original mambas.

Home > Show Us Yours! > Back with more passion and drive
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: