Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Insurance for a Turbo mini

morris_mad

17 Posts
Member #: 10871

New Forest

Hi All,

I'm about to embark on turboing a 1275 to put in my Morris Minor. It's a few years off finishing and realistically won't be done until I'm 23. Does anyone have any recommendations on where is the best place to get insured with a Turbo'd car? and roughly how much it will cost? (obviously this depends on various factors)

Thanks,

Will

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

insurance is a lottery and only time will tell. personally I use Flux. plenty use Herts which are a sister company. there are a few others out there too

JT

2742 Posts
Member #: 637
Post Whore

Hertfordshire

I use HIC. Very helpful on the phone and I've even got track day cover! Agreed Valuation is a must if you ask me as well.

My build thread..

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=542985

Smackfiend

33 Posts
Member #: 9867

Not a turbo, but mostly everything else with it all declared.

I was with Carole Nash last year but after recommendations of Brentacre on turbominis I got a quote of them.

They were both really professional, didn't treat it like "it's just a mini", agreed valuation with both.

Best thing to do is get a quote off them as mentioned above it's a lottery - a quote for one person could be completely different for someone else in a different postcode.

morris_mad

17 Posts
Member #: 10871

New Forest

Thanks all for the quick replies.

I'll investigate the above companies and see what the situation is.

Cheers,

Will

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Also try RH insurance.

They have my 1959 turbo A35 and my 2005 Honda S2000 on the same classic policy !!

Shauna

1043 Posts
Member #: 10424
Post Whore

Swansea boyo!

I've been with footman the last two years, I was with Flux before that but when I declaired the engine change they wanted an extra £700 (bringing my insurance up to £1200) up front for the change so I ditched them and went to Footman which was £450ish with all of my mods declaired which was cheaper than my standard 998. But yeah, depending on your postcode, points blablabla your prices will be different from everyone else anyway.

They don't die, they just get faster!

steve1275

849 Posts
Member #: 951
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

I'm with Classicline, all mods declared, including NOS (!) about £150 BUT this is an age thing I'm afraid, they just don't think ancient people go fast *evil*

'Where does the engine go?'

Home > General Chat > Insurance for a Turbo mini
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: