Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Introduce Yourself > my slow conversion from 5 port to 7 + efi

clbm4n

62 Posts
Member #: 11458
Advanced Member

Melbourne Australia ... not a convict

So after friging around with fuel lines and making a right c@ck up of them, I get them spot on until I kink the last bend ffs, I sat on my milk crate, aka 2nd mini engine stand, and put on my BIG pipe set. Thats enough frustration for today now to deplete the alcohol collection for a few hours.

Attachments:

1977 Leyland mini Sunshine -- moleseted -- Named " Ray" becoming a 7 port efi slowly
1971 Nota Fang 145 bhp 5 port fun @ 450 kg
1969 Austin 1800 ute, 1800S running gear, tip rat and hardware store runner

AWDmoke

261 Posts
Member #: 713

Western Australia

Coming together nicely.
Don't stress about the fuel lines, at least it's three steps forward and two back rather than the other way around.

On 24th Dec, 2008 Nic said:
eyh? im drubj but very confused##]#IU

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Member #: 648
Post Whore

Northern Ireland (ex AUS)

Ahhh the milk crate! Manys a good engine build has started on an Aussie milk crate, I still have a few somewhere.

On 7th Nov, 2008 Nic said:
naeJ
m
!!!!!!sdrawkcab si gnihtyreve ?droabyekym ot deneppah sah tahw ayhwdd

clbm4n

62 Posts
Advanced Member

So engine side of the fuels lines made ....what a PITA

Crank pulley arrived this week, machined to have 36 -1 teeth once I work out which tooth to remove, by the MiniMan in QLD ... cheers Matt

I ordered my flywheel from the UK on the 3/8 and it should arrive 11/8 for lapping to the crank on Sat over a warming scotch or 3.

Attachments:

1977 Leyland mini Sunshine -- moleseted -- Named " Ray" becoming a 7 port efi slowly

clbm4n

62 Posts
Advanced Member

Well time for another little update ....

On the 1st of August we had a little boy named Mason @4pm @4kg so progress has slowed a bit more. now I have a small 2 hr window each day to nip round and work on it.

Many months ago I modded my 35lt tank to take a Walbro 190 intank pump with a kit from the US.

Over the last few days I have run the bulk of the fuel lines, reg and fitted the tank. tucked up in the rear subframe is the filter so it's easy to get at for when I want to replace it.

Hopefully I can pick up the rest of my clutch parts tomorrow and have the power unit sitting in it's hole by Monday.

giannoutsos

166 Posts
Member #: 8952
Advanced Member

Athens Greece

Congrats on the birth of your son, he was born same date as me. Special day for special people you must be proud!!!
Keep it up with the mini.
John

clbm4n

62 Posts
Advanced Member

So after another 3hrs in the shed tonight I've set up the flywheel, getting closer :)

Complete flywheel / clutch comes in just under 7kg ... gotta be happy with that.

Had o shorten the stand off's for the drive straps by 65 thou to make it right .....every little step is getting somewhere.

clbm4n

62 Posts
Advanced Member

Well, another weekend slides past and I'm almost at start up stage. Tomorrow I need to sort out oil cooler lines, check for oil pressure, hang the exhaust and finish to water plumbing.

Tuesday my sparky / tuner dude rolls in and it should, by the end of the day, run *Clapping*

Attachments:

clbm4n

62 Posts
Advanced Member

proof of life 10:55pm

clbm4n

62 Posts
Advanced Member

Well ... what a full on day yesterday was. My mate who was in charge of the sparks was flat out from 12 till 11:30 pm so I wore him out :)

We have 75 psi oil pressure, which on running in oil is a tad too high but I can wind that back a bit with the adjustable relief valve.

Engine bay has had a new fuse box and a general tidy up of under bonnet wiring, fuel system had a few leaks but sorted now. My rad cracked the bottom hose outlet so I'l have to rejig the " new " rad mounts to hold another rad and then that will also mean the throttle linkage will need to be remade ...more shed time :)

I have a mystery oil leak down the front of the engine but with the rad out that should be easy to spot and hopefully fix.

The thermo fan and ewp80 works well, the controller gives my outside temp and engine temp + runs for 3 mins after shut down. After running in the cam it was sitting at 92 deg and with the pump / fan running after shutdown the temp dropped to 77 deg so I call that a win.

It's booked in for it's first tune in 10 days .......so now excuse me for a bit while I go do my happy dance *happy*

clbm4n

62 Posts
Advanced Member

Dropped it off at the tuners on Sat and it get it's dyno runs tomorrow ......I will either get a phone call to say " bring a trailer coz it flew apart " or come get it bring cash or and here's the "sheet" for pub bragging rights.

Currently suffering through separation anxiety.

clbm4n

62 Posts
Advanced Member

Just got off the phone with my tuner dude *smiley*

Other than my bonkers way of running the idle control valve he says " for it's size it's pretty good" { he mainly does v8's and race cars and big turbo jobbies }

I'll let the " pub bragging sheet" do the talking while I nick back to the fridge and find another beer.

Edited by clbm4n on 12th Sep, 2017.

clbm4n

62 Posts
Advanced Member

pics

Attachments:

Home > Introduce Yourself > my slow conversion from 5 port to 7 + efi
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: