Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > For Sale > Breaking my old NA engine + Freeing up some space in the garage.

#Tried It 2

21 Posts
Member #: 11438

Merton, London

Hello Guys and Girls, lots to go.

I am open to reasonable offers. I will be adding parts as i go through the garage, alongside removing from the car. I intend to attach pictures of all the parts, but some parts are still attached to the car so i will take pictures once they are off.

Engine:

+100 thou 998 pistons, dished to 3.5cc, with a new set of rings. £200 (firm)

998 block bored to fit +100 pistons, brand new cam bearings, water ways opened up. £50

Crank, 10 thou grind due to scoring from the bearing. Balanced. £40

Lightened Pre Verto fly wheel, lightweight back plate and orange spring plate. Plus all of the components required to complete a conversion from a Verto clutch to a Pre Verto clutch, will also include a couple of unused release bearings. No friction plate as i will be using this on my new set up. As a group £210

HIF 44, in working condition with no wear. Manifold, spacer, heat shield, K&N filter, accelerator cable, clip for accelerator cable to the heat shield and the small choke screw, are all included. The carburettor is fitted with the needle to suit the Calver RE13OT camshaft (very similar to a 286) that was fitted to the engine. Sold as a group £150

ITG HIF44 air filter, bought but never fitted or used, still in original box. £70.

Calver ST RE13OT camshaft, (very similar to a 286, pulls from 2000, hard from 3000), can include the followers that have seated to the camshaft and push-rods, as they are all in separate numbered bags. £120.

Aldon Automotive Distributor, fitted with Electronic points (Aldon Ignitor). Fitted with the curve to suit the RE13OT camshaft. An Aldon Flame Thrower coil. Set of mini spares HT leads, used for 2 days. Sold as a group £180

Maniflow LCB Medium bore, wrapped in exhaust wrap. Maniflow 1.75 single box side exit system. set of new exhaust clamps included. £100

Carburettor petrol tank, Facet solid state pump (with disposable filter between the tank and the pump filter), Filter King combined filter and regulator. Sold as a group £110

HS4 carburettor, throttle cable, throttle cable clip and heat shield as originally fitted to 998 engines. has new jet fitted but does have a small amount of spindle wear but not horrendous. sold as group £50.

Inertia starter motor (used), i have 2 of these to go. £20 each.

Mini alternator 45 AMP (used), i have 2 to go, one fitted with a pulley one without. £20 each.

Daewoo Matiz 60 AMP alternator (used, removed from a scrapped car). I intended to convert to this alternator but will not fit my location. £20

12 inch mini steel wheels, set of four. The tires have tread and seem to hold pressure. Can include wheel nuts. Removed from my car when i swapped to 10 inch wheels. £20 for the set.

Set of 4 original mini wheel trims in very good condition for age, no cracks that i can see. just need a wash. £10 each. £40 total.

Set of original 1985 Mayfair wing mirrors, fitted to many models during the period. £20 for the pair.

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R caburettors, I have 7 of the these to go, including linkages, trumpets, and the plate to attach to the air box. I also have 4 rebuild kits. Before the bearing issues, my intention was to convert from the HIF to twin bike carbs for the 998 +100. My intention was to use the air box plate for the basis of a plenum chamber fitted with the trumpets to enable a use of a cold air feed. i would like to sell as a group £140

I posted previously about building a lower boost high compression turbo conversion. Initially i intended to reuse a lot of the components from the engine in its NA form. However, to get the compression to a reasonable level in reality means lots of chamber work on a already worked head, which has excellent shape and porting. So i have decided to start again with a new standard engine and break up the NA engine and sell on the parts as they will be of more use to others than me.

In its previous form the 998 +100 ran well. The crank has been ground 10 thou, and new cam bearings fitted to the block. The bore will may need roughing up before fitting the new rings. I did alot of work opening up the water ways around the pump and the large coolant holes at the clutch end of the block. The stabiliser bolt holes have been cut into, but with a good dose of loctite i had no leaks.

The +100 thou pistons have been dished with a 3.5cc dish for the turbo conversion. Which will bring the compression closer to 10 or 10.5 as opposed to the 11:1 which it ran in its final NA form. Though it ran really well at 11:1 on Shell V Power, far better than it did at lower compression ratios. I also have a new set of piston rings for the pistons, to save you the trouble of sourcing them.

The bottom end of the engine was all dynamically balanced together.

The cylinder head is a very comprehensively modified, originally by Calver ST. Further port matching was done at a later date. I will be using this head as a guide for my attempt to modify a cylinder head for turbo use. This should be completed within the month. Once i have completed my head this one will be going up for £650. If your interested please PM me.

More parts will be added later, photos of the parts are below.

cheers for looking #Tried It 2.

Edited by #Tried It 2 on 11th Jan, 2017.

#Tried It 2

21 Posts

Merton, London

All the Pictures are listed below.

#Tried It 2

Edited by #Tried It 2 on 11th Jan, 2017.

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

You need to host the photos on something like photobucket then copy the img tag into your post

#Tried It 2

21 Posts

Merton, London

To add to the list i found a single wide 10 inch steel wheel. £10

Crank:

HIF44:

Block:

HS4:

Dizzy, Coil and Leads:

Camshaft:

Steel wheels:

Wheel Trims:

Clutch Parts:

Wide 10 inch steel:

Edited by #Tried It 2 on 6th Jan, 2017.

#Tried It 2

21 Posts

Merton, London

Thank you for the tip Rob. Looks a bit better now*smiley*

Home > For Sale > Breaking my old NA engine + Freeing up some space in the garage.
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: