Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Another Turbo Bimmer Twinky

MadMatt

703 Posts
Member #: 105
1st to provide proof of a running Bimmy Conversion!

Brisbane ,Australia

Nearly done,,, a few more hoses & clamps & wire the ECU & she`s a runner

Plus another N/A , just on a single SU atm to get her running on the bench/drum, but about to fit it into the car with quad throttle body injerktion *smiley*

[img]http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo201/madmatttheminiman/20170106_1722491_zpszpe3qdpm.jpg[/img

this n/a one is all complete & running now, about to go into my mums old stn wagon
our "ReadSpeed mini mecca delivery wagon) *smiley*
8v , ported, cams made to suit, 11.5:1 comp ration, 1415cc stroker, quaiffe LSD, light flywheel etc etc etc

thanks for looking

www.miniman.com.au

"""LazyGoodForNothingSmartArseKnowItAllBackYardMiniMechanic"""

giannoutsos

166 Posts
Member #: 8952
Advanced Member

Athens Greece

Nice looking motors,
What would be the cost of say a N/A one?
Thanks John

MadMatt

703 Posts

Brisbane ,Australia

the costs vary dependant upon your wish list & engine size & type/level cyl head & it`s mods & ancillaries & such

But $10,000 to $20,000 (depending) is pretty normal if we do the whole thing from scratch

Turbo injected ones can land between $15,000 & $25,000 & upwards, , , again depending on your wish list, type of cyl head, mods to the head, size of engine, quality of internal nits etc etc etc

There`s Sooooo many options with building one of these so we generally talk in depth with the customer well before starting so that we nail all what they want from it so we can custom design it specifically for them.

www.miniman.com.au

Legend

2 Posts
Member #: 11526

Matt did you ever finish the 4.4L v8 one? or are you not that particular Madmatt?

giannoutsos

166 Posts
Member #: 8952
Advanced Member

Athens Greece

Thanks Madmatt

gdouglas

9 Posts
Member #: 11577

I envy you for having a nice collection of Minis.

MadMatt

703 Posts

Brisbane ,Australia

Legend,,, we had it complete, but stripped it down again as there was no category allowing us to race it,,, but we may shove it back together one day & fit it inot a dirt track racer,,, i have a 2litre Kombi gearbox here tho (out of my V8 Kombi) that we were thinking of useing behind the turbo ally V8 & fitting all that into a formula chassis & run it at Hillcimbs etc, just as a spare fun race car,,, we are currentlky building a 4x4 turbo-0hayabusa hillclimb/autocross special so we shall wait until that car is finished before we decide what to do with the turbo alloy V8 power unit,,, it almost became a coffee table at one stage,,, running working turbo alloy V8 coffee table would be a good talking piece but i hate waste & figure we will use it in something after the 4x4 turbo hayabusa rig is finished *smiley*
cheers
Matt

www.miniman.com.au

MadMatt

703 Posts

Brisbane ,Australia

& another one finished

1330cc 16v turbo injected

www.miniman.com.au

Home > Show Us Yours! > Another Turbo Bimmer Twinky
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: