Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Non-Mini Discussion > Who can confirm my suspicion about my ducato

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Member #: 10190
Post Whore

belgium

Maybe first the story that leads to my suspension.

I have a 2006 fiat ducato 2.2 l
It has been chipped for 2 reasons.
1 to eleminate the egr valves
2 power up to 140 hp.

While they chipped it there problem was the engine warning light came on with no reason.. apperently they dolved this by shutting it out...
So after i started to have the problems i have now i checked the oil. It was just above minimum so topped up with 1 liter oil to get it to max.

The symptoms are not gone by this but slightly better.

The problem... the car sometimes refuses to accelerate. It feels like its been hold back or that the handbrake is up. When i push it into the 2500 3000 rpm rate or give it some trotle between shifting it comes " loose and accelerates normal. ( i do not have it all the time but more then once in 20 km drive)

I suspect the turbo has been starved from oil and is not turning from time to time.

Who is thinking the same and how do i test this.

I also had a guess to dirty injectors but meeh... then i should have it all the time right?

you can do anything if you set your mind to it...
i rather blow it up winning than keep it together losing.

finish date set for project 1... march 2018

evolotion

2909 Posts
Member #: 83
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

Your theory doesnt hold up. Never something i have experienced. More likely its going into limp mode due to a shite remap, or vnt sticking or egr sticking but thats just speculation.

With no or low oil a turbo will work (but bevome baggy and smoky) or itll sieze/snap to never work again.

turbo 16v k-series 11.9@118.9 :)

Denis O'Brien.

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

The remap has been done 12 months ago. Didnt have that before. Zgr is out of the car because they didn't work proper and are in no need with the remap. What is vnt?

Yo-Han

967 Posts
Member #: 3228
Post Whore

North of the Netherlands

Don't know how the VNT is operated but if it is done by vacuum?
Could the vacuum valve be broken?
VNT is variable geometry vanes in turbo; google it.

Dazed and Confused....

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

Vacuum operated indeed. Hm ill check. Shitty thing to work on and so daim italian. There is always something broken. ( yet engine is a ford... )

evolotion

2909 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

sorry origional post read that remap was done then symtoms started. as its the ford engine, is the egr actualy removed or just disconnected? if its still connected it could be open a bit. depending on age vnt is vacuum operated or electrically operated. electic actuators fail, but it flags up warning lights too (normally bu yours are disabled) if its the earlier vacuum actuator it tends not to fault but the vaccum lines can, the vacum supply can fail/be blocked. and finally carbon build up in the vnt mechnaism can prevent it moving its full range causing driviability issues.

Denis O'Brien.

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

Okey. Some things to look at. Just glad its not the turbo. They said removed but....

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

Maybe important to add... it always comes up when driving slow reves for a while or when running near stationery for some time ( in heavy traffic )

evolotion

2909 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

id check the vnt for stickyness then enlist the help of a good garage with diagnostic stuff if you know anyone.

Denis O'Brien.

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

Although if the idiots re-mapping have deleted the ecu's ability to recognise and report some faults...who know what else they deleted in there.

It could make diagnosing any faults much more difficult.

You'll need someone competent and who can review live data to see where issues may be

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

Earwax

109 Posts
Member #: 10368
Advanced Member

Australia

Might be useful, but may not be

Iveco Daily have to trick the EGR sensors.. so if not a good remap maybe problem... partial solution by either drilling a 6mm hole in the egr blanking off plate ( allows enough exhaust to keep sensors happy or a european firm have bypass looms to trick the sensor,,, look on ebay uk sorry cant remember their name,,, Fiat and iveco similar lineage??? sorry if not relevant

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

Drove it with a diagnose computer on the plug today 50 km in total... guess what. The orange bitch didnt even give a hickup. Have it for the weekend. So who knows what will come up.

Earwax

109 Posts
Member #: 10368
Advanced Member

Australia

dont you hate intermittent problems. On my Daily ( Iveco) if the ECU 'thinks' there is a problem then the electronics keep the warnings coming even if fault rectified itself. Sometimes 30 minutes away from the car lets those memory warnings settle down.

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

The thing i most hate about this truck is that if it gives a warning its usually gone by the time you get to the garage. It should have a diagnose computer with a 24 hour memory build in... anyway just returned the diagnosis computer of my friend. Went into limp mode once for about 3 seconds then started pulling again but it gave no fault to the computer. To short of time? Its like it new it had a computer on so should behave better... *happy*

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

As said, you need someone able to monitor and review the live data to see when/why it is throwing up any faults.

When cowboys remap things, they often do things they shouldnt.....ie remove a lot of the onboard diagnostic ability by hiding or removing lots of fault codes.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Post Whore

belgium

Its one of the best know here. Remaps everething from ferrari to mobilhomes. But do know he had big big trouble with mine. They said 3 hours... became 3 days.

Home > Non-Mini Discussion > Who can confirm my suspicion about my ducato
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: