Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > 998cc > Supercharger advice

the_soon_to_be

172 Posts
Member #: 1600
Advanced Member

Portsmouth, Hampshire

I know everyone will just say turbo it for the less money, but I'd like to do it anyway.

Current 998 in good solid state, recently had a new clutch fitted. It's in a strong state.

Hypothetically buy the new vmax kit with the 40, what else would I need. If go megajoly again at the same time, then I guess just a facet red top or similar and a good fpr ?

I'll then build up a more refreshed 998, bored +60, find a good 295 etc but that's for a later date.

Am I missing anything, I don't want anything massive power, I've had a stripped out xe twin Webber monster but now I'm just enjoying screaming a simple 998

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Member #: 9764
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

Go for the podifold kit and run a intercooler.

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

So if you go megajolt. Aside of all of the stuff that goes with it you will need a way of taking the MAP signal from the manifold so he might need to sell you a specific kit.

I ran a standard 3psi electric pump on my supercharger kit when using a bike carb.

You will need to ensure that your compression ratio is suitable for the kit/boost.

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

the_soon_to_be

172 Posts
Advanced Member

Portsmouth, Hampshire

I'm not seeing much info on the podifold, I'm a big fan of the new vmax design with the 40.

As for megajolt I didn't think about where to get the MAP signal from, I suppose I could ditch the megajolt and stick with electronic dizzy for ease and cost.

Which fuel pump were you using Graham ?

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

The podifold is far superior to the vmax kit even with the the 40 on it. with supercharger you really need to cool the charge down. You can use meth but a charge or intercooler is far better than nothing at all.

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

There is an advantage to running water or water meth injection to the kit as it has a massive difference to the temp.

Vmax has been around for some time, where as in comparison there are very few podifold installations and in that time some re-designs.
there is little data out there on the power that the podifold kit makes but in a standard 998 I doubt you will see much difference. I would also say that vmax will get you close in terms of jetting and tuning from the off as he has a lot of installations under his belt.
The megajolt would be well worth the installation on a forced induction.

the_soon_to_be

172 Posts
Advanced Member

Portsmouth, Hampshire

I've emailed Stuart to see what ideas he's has regarding MAP positioning on the redesign so I'll wait out on his reply.

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

If you run the vmax kit your gonna wanna get meth or water injection on it due to it sitting above the exhaust it's gonna get hot.

I've got an r53 and on a good hoon my supercharger temps are like 18 degrees with outdoor temp of 5. The exhaust can glow a warm red colour after a while so the 5 port being more restrictive will be worse

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

Let us know what you decide and lets see some pics. It would be good to see a build thread....

Home > 998cc > Supercharger advice
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: