Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > injector angle?

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

so looking at angle from horizontal ie dead straight at the port how far can we go with them im thinking ill want them as close to the head face as possible for the transit time benefit and ive got some nice bosch extended nose ones for idle/low rpm that i may get the end just in the port a tinny bit but this will place them at about a 30-40 degree angle from flat in line im not sure if that is any good i really dont know or under stand a lot about this but one way or another im giving it a go

both are injectors are 30 degree cone pattern plan to use two per port one staged in or switch from one to the other not sure but beside the point here

is it better to put the "idle" injector farther back as at low rpm there is more time with the valve open ie put small injector farther back and big close to port or other way round?

i can fit both on top of the runner but its just a matter of how much angle can be gotten away with i see that some have thought about evan going at 90 degrees to the port but right on the head face but what i cant find is if this was tried or if it is a good idea

if its more important to get them close the the valve and anything up to say 45degrease is ok then im sweet i think but if i need to keep at like 25 or less than ill have to put one of them back like 50mm or more and also be some what near the exhaust not ideal

at a loss any probaly going to try it and see ultimitly but rather just have someone say that x worked and use that why re invent the wheel

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

The MPi injectors are at 45 degrees to a horizontal manifold runner.

I've used 45 degrees with the inlet runner angled at 15 degrees to the horizontal.

Be aware that if you set the primary and secondary injectors at different distance from the head, you will have to faff about with 2 different injection timing tables.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

i thought side by side was a no no as it could be uneven from one valve to the other?

how much distance between before its an issue

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

possibly i can get one under and one over with the same distance from head and also get a better straight shot but heat will be a factor the hot pipes will need to stay well clear

Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > injector angle?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: