Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Terminal removal tools

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

I need to replace some of the terminals in the loom on my daily drive. Looking to just replace the terminals that are damaged with parts from a donor loom, rather than splice the whole terminal block in. So I'm Looking for a recomendation for a set of terminal removing tools, before I buy shite from ebay.... What's worked for you?

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Which terminals ?

But, to answer the question, I have these
https://www.durite.co.uk/itm/Terminal-Conne...Tool-Set/070399

I got them direct from Durite as part of a deal as I was buying their cable crimping tools (for which they have a very good reputation) but they are available from other automotive suppliers and even eBay (assuming the ones on eBay are genuine and not chinese copies).

They cover most common terminals/connectors but every now and then I still have to grind down a bit of metal bar or welding tungsten to make a "special".

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

apbellamy

16540 Posts
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Thanks Rod

It's the connector for the CCM (car convenience module (remote central locking etc)) on a 2004 passat. They leak around the cabin filter filling the passenger side of the car with water. The loom and module get water damage. Queue plenty of random electrical faults.

i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

keith got a couple for working on the VAG stuff. I'll find out what and where he got them for you

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

On 27th May, 2017 Rod S said:
Which terminals ?

But, to answer the question, I have these
https://www.durite.co.uk/itm/Terminal-Conne...Tool-Set/070399

I got them direct from Durite as part of a deal as I was buying their cable crimping tools (for which they have a very good reputation) but they are available from other automotive suppliers and even eBay (assuming the ones on eBay are genuine and not chinese copies).

They cover most common terminals/connectors but every now and then I still have to grind down a bit of metal bar or welding tungsten to make a "special".

That set looks like very good value even more so as quite a few options on it.

But as you say, there are loads of different types.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

apbellamy

16540 Posts

On 27th May, 2017 Rob Gavin said:
keith got a couple for working on the VAG stuff. I'll find out what and where he got them for you

Thanks

*hehe!*

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Ended up buying a generic looking VAG specific terminal tool from egay. The one that arrived was much better quality than expected and most importantly did they job well.

As a bonus it looks like it will do plenty of other now vag plugs too.

*hehe!*

Home > General Chat > Terminal removal tools
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: