Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Another Wont Start

t@z

2054 Posts
Member #: 452
Post Whore

Chester, UK

ok since the last post yesterday was the first time i have had to work on the car!

after unraveling all the wiring i had neatly done and testing the Nodiz from a separate live i seem to have what looks like resolved the erratic sparking problem.

Im inclined to think that the Nodiz was resetting possibly? Still need to test this further but the video below is with all 4 plugs connected (not in the block) with the map set to 0.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lilpinkiy/36419571785/

I ran out off time so wasnt able to see if she starts but i will do this fingers crossed next sunday.

Edited by t@z on 7th Aug, 2017.

www.twitter.com/lilpinkiy

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

New video looks fine for the "zero" map.

Power supply wiring (where the 12V comes from and how the ECU is grounded) is a regular topic on the Megasquirt forums so random CPU resets caused by your initial wiring could certainly have been the issue.

And that recent test is more valid with the plugs in because (a) no stray HT going places it shouldn't and (b) you can here the engine continually slowing down and speeding up on the compression strokes which is when the CPU will find it hardest to accurately count the teeth (hence why the missing tooth should always be around 80-90BTDC on a 4 cylinder engine).

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Mr Joshua

2487 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

Have you considered blowing out of the spark due to a weak coil pack? you may get a spark with the plugs out of the head at one atmosphere of pressure, but that does not mean your ignition system is creating one at 7,8,9 or 10 times atmospheric pressure. Just a thought.

Own the day

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

On 9th Aug, 2017 Mr Joshua said:
Have you considered blowing out of the spark due to a weak coil pack? you may get a spark with the plugs out of the head at one atmosphere of pressure, but that does not mean your ignition system is creating one at 7,8,9 or 10 times atmospheric pressure. Just a thought.

well i have erratic sparking with the plugs out at x atmospheric pressure. now i have confirmed the timing is sparking correctly i guess we will move on to the next problem. Fingers crossed there wont be one :/ However i wont know till Sunday as that is when i am next at the car.

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

right gents good news!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lilpinkiy/36420488551/

it wouldnt idle but that is for another days task and more faffing. Now to get the wiring all back together and heat shrunk and the rad, water all back in so i can bed in the cam!

thanks for all your input, i was very lost to what was happening. i wont make the same mistake again if i have to re wire it for whatever reason.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Another Wont Start
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: