Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > engine build parts

nutter driver

969 Posts
Member #: 47
Post Whore

Not very sunny swanage

Afternoon all,

Need to start building up my old mans engine, 1275 midget lump for his A35, not going to be anything special, just boring old n/a. We aquired the engine in 'rebuilt' condition, ie it had had a coat of paint and not much else, so we straipped it, and checked it over, and its ready to go back together.

I need to order all of the bits for it in the next day or so, and looking around, ive suddenly realised that ive been away from this sort of stuff for such a long time, i dont even know the best place to buy bearings and gaskets etc from any more!!

Just need *decent* quality standard spec componants (ie we're trying to avoid the chinese crap if at all possible), obviously a couple of bits will be in-line specific but those we've probably got in stock I would guess!

Anyone got any good suggestions, either of places to use, or places to avoid before I just try pot luck?

Cheers,
Pete

And on the 7th day........... God created turbochargers!

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

minispares for bearings and gaskets imo
look for the quality ones though because they do doo cheaper options

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

nutter driver

969 Posts
Member #: 47
Post Whore

Not very sunny swanage

cheers Brett, ill give them a shout. Its all about the quality with this build really, the old man like to bugger off to the south of france on road trips and stuff, so dont really want to take any short cuts!!

And on the 7th day........... God created turbochargers!

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

with it being in-line, what about David Manners or the like; they may be a little more familiar with the engine too.

Tadge44 may also be of help to you as he has been around these for a little while

Home > General Chat > engine build parts
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: