Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Remote Brake Booster

NickG

744 Posts
Member #: 7912
Post Whore

Australia oi oi oi!

Looking at improving my pedal..

The booster is to big and in the way.

any pictures with mounting one maybe under the dash?

I did consider a Kad set up as well? how hard is the pedal for the missus to have a drive?

Edited by NickG on 21st Jun, 2017.

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

What is this booster thing you speak of? If you need to improve your pedal, some billet covers would probably look good.

But in all seriousness, I guess you are looking for the same retardation with a lower pedal effort?

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

slater

1030 Posts
Member #: 1291
Post Whore

Suffolk / Birmingham

Australian for servo no doubt.

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

minispares do a single line servo kit which could be remote mounted - I know someone who had one mounted under the dash. I suppose then that something similar could be done for the twin line brakes.

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

The only in-line servos (booster) I've seen have been for a single line because they are after the master cylinder, not pushing on it.

That's not to say I've seen everything though...

I may be wrong but I thought in Aus you have some pretty strict rules about what you can and cannot do to safety critical items (like brakes), much more restrictive rules than what we can legally do over here.

Otherwise I would say just put the servo on the front line and change the rear cylinder diameter to compensate.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

just fit some good size rotors and be done with it the bit of effort it takes to push the brakes is worth its weight to get the feel

if it takes effort to press the peddle your less likely to over brake or apply them un constantly to me the vented 8.4s and 1144s are grate i think we are "soft" now days with really good power steering and power brakes the OE spend a megga to prefect this feel there is no way we can add some aftermarket device to feel like that

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

I wouldn't disagree with not putting a servo on, they are another thing to go wrong - but do help. Put some 4 pots on there if you haven't already. That alone will help.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Remote Brake Booster
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: