Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > For Sale > 1989 F Mini Racing Flame 998 with new MOT

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

I've beaten project completion syndrome!!!!!!!! *happy*

I bought this car in February as a little project to get the car back on the road. It came to me as a rolling shell with a fair amount of rot and a pretty poor paint job. It had been sat outside for around 5 years.

As it is a Limited Edition, I've done the work required to put it back to roughly standard specification and get it MOT'd (expires 8/7/18). So it is ready to be driven away. It shows 53589 miles, but I can't validate if this is correct or not. MOT history since 2009 backs this up.

I've put plenty of pictures of the work in progress and it's current state in this album:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/8672995@N03/BL5754

The car is not the pritiest, but it is a good solid car that could be used straight away.

I'm looking for £1995 for it. I'm not interested in hearing from Mike Brewer or Richard Rawlings want to be's, so please don't make daft offers for it. You will be ignored...

The car is located in Rotherham, South Yorkshire (Close to M1 J34).

Engine - I've fitted a standard 998 engine which had a claimed mileage of around 45,000, but I can't back that up. I've replaced the headgasket, valve spring oil seals, Water Pump, clutch, cluth oil seal and all the usual gaskets/seals that fail. So no oil leaks and no blue smoke. The gearbox seems good with no crunches etc. It runs a treat. Video of it running on this link:

https://flic.kr/p/VXbkAQ

Body - I have fitted a replacement passenger side rear quarter, repaired drivers side rear arch, repaired both door frames and reskinned them, replaced a good section of the drivers footwell and put a good few patches around the shell. New panels have been painted with rattle cans just to prevent them from rusting. There are various rust patches around the car, this cleans up easily with a flap disk on the grinder, so not the end of the world. At some point in the past it has had a new front end and all the usual repairs for a car from the late 80s. The front arches have been cut for larger wheels, so the plastic arches are not a perfect fit.

Brakes - The previous owner fitted reconditioned front calipers, disks and pads. I have fitted new rear cylinders and shoes, then bled new fluid throughout the system. I have replaced bushes and pins in the pedal box and servo arms.

Suspension - Both subframes are solid. The rear has some surface rust, but is not rotten and doesn't look to have been repaired in the past. It has Spax shocks all round.

Steering - I have replaced both track rod ends, the rack gaitors and the upper bush in the column.

Wheels - It has an average condition set of 12" rover minilite wheels on it with locking nuts and brand new budget tyres.

Interior - It has the original seats and door cards in good clean condition. It has a set of Mk 1 metro door pockets with speaker mounts (no speakers). I have fitted a new good quality carpet set. It has a walnut dash from a MPi mini which is in poor condition. It has magnolia three pot clocks which work as they should.

Edited by apbellamy on 8th Jul, 2017.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Sold

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Home > For Sale > 1989 F Mini Racing Flame 998 with new MOT
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: