Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Denso 60A alternator

JetBLICK

243 Posts
Member #: 1261

Droitwich

Has anyone got a link or part number for the 60A version of the alternator with the v-belt pully, I've been trawling the threads and searching and all the ebay links are dead? Been looking for charade and swift alternators they all come up with multi-ribbed pulleys? A little help please *oh well*

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

London and Essex alternators minecame from. Not sure on part no though.

JetBLICK

243 Posts

Droitwich

Is that this one? I saw it, didn't know whether to be suspicious of cheaper copies.. I guess as long as they supply the amps?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272769558574

jonny f

2091 Posts
Post Whore

Dorking

Yep that's the one I have from the same people. I got the name wrong.

fastcarl

6962 Posts
Member #: 507
Fastest A Series Mini in the World

leeds/wakefield.

Notice how they don't call it a Denso part,

£120 seems alike a lot of wongo for a chines part

WWW.FORCE-RACING.CO.UK PLEASE CLICK HERE

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

There are very few of the absolute smallest size alternators (93mm) that genuinely put out 60a as I've found out recently.
Maybe it genuinely is a 60a and that's why it's that Price? Personally, I'd be very skeptical.

I do know that you've a better chance of finding a genuine 55 or 60 amp output if you go to a 98mm.
Pretty sure the mid 80s swift / SJ410 / SJ413 alternators (98mm) were 55a or 60a, and had the double-top mounting lug (that I prefer over the single top lug), and had the single vee 3/8" pulley that is the correct size for the mini.
If you take time to optimise your mounting, you'll not have a problem with the 98mm.

Edited by TurboDave16V on 27th Jul, 2017.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

jonny f

2091 Posts
Post Whore

Dorking

They're a very good company. Give them a call and find out.

Highly doubt you will find another 60a that size for the price. It seems cheap to me.

JetBLICK

243 Posts

Droitwich

think you're running all the same stuff as me jonny, looking at your thread, with the exception of injection. The main draws are the water pump and fan I'd guess? Your's copes fine now?

jonny f

2091 Posts
Post Whore

Dorking

Yes it copes fine and it lines up nicely which is a nice plus. I did trim a tiny bit off it to maximise the space.

Doodmeister

485 Posts
Member #: 149

Alberta, Canada

You could also look on here and use AL430X in the search box it has a great cross reference for the Lucas and Denso part numbers.
http://www.wilsonautoelectric.com/SearchPart

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

i work with kabota engines and they have the same (denso) alternator on that i used on my mini, unfortunately i cannot buy them for anywhere near what they are on ebay

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

Home > General Chat > Denso 60A alternator
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: