Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Non-Mini Projects >

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Long time since I posted on this subject but much has happened. The charged MX5 seemed a bit fragile, engine wise, with a very crude method of maintaining mixture strength as boost came on - just increasing fuel pressure by reference to boost. I suspected it would not survive track use even though it was VERY fast on the road. I also found that I had to re-do all the welded repairs to the chassis members and sills as they were very poorly done. All this took time and I then sold it !

Since then I have bought two more MX5,s (they are like a drug !) !One is a very low mileage Mk 3 with the 2 litre Duratec engine kept for Sunday best and the other is a bog standard Sport model with the LSD, bigger discs, Bilsteins 6 speeds etc but 100k on the clock and NO RUST !!

This is my present trackday car, trailered to Cadwell, Snetterton (rained all day) and Oulton all in the last 4 weeks.

The wet day was good training for a damp start at Oulton, my all time favourite track, but it dried out and the sun shone all afternoon yesterday. Had the best day of my life on track and did 187 miles altogether.

With the three events so close together I felt very at home and also, for the first time, felt I was starting to get the hang of some high speed driving. I found that I was quickest round Old Hall and Cascades in fourth rather than third as the down change unsettled the car( and me ) but third gear and full bore around the hairpin making best use of the steep camber felt fabulous.
I,m probably boring you now but you can tell I am really enjoying growing old quite disgracefully

Home > Non-Mini Projects >
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: