Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£10.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Anyone have one of the powerlite "slimline" starters?

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10690 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

I'm curious about the overall length from mounting flange to the arse end.

http://www.powerlite-units.com/products/rac802/

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Who remembers this first time around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF0a5aoEGsw

JetBLICK

193 Posts
Member #: 1261
Advanced Member

Rugby/Droitwich

I just got one, I'll measure it tonight if i remember..

Earwax

88 Posts
Member #: 10368
Advanced Member

Cairns Australia

i have one but not able to measure for you ( not onsite atm), but beware the bottom fastening bolt needs to be fed and tightened one flat at a time in conjunction with top bolt. ( the outercase gets in the way so you cant do up the top one and then insert the bottom bolt,,,, they say you can adjust the plate angle via those round locators ,, but the bendix cowl then is not in the ideal position) ( i haven't yet examined to see if a little die grinding action is possible , so in mean time have two people on hand to install... having said that it does fit well , it turns over quickly and it is light,,, but i did have to send one back on warranty... no problems with company)

t@z

2047 Posts
Member #: 452
Post Whore

Camberley, UK

i got the pre engaged one and the bottom bolt is a bastard. but its a super small unit or seems smaller than standard.

www.twitter.com/lilpinkiy

graemec

905 Posts
Member #: 1424
Post Whore

Carnforth, Lancs

Sorry this is drifting off topic, but....
Slot the 'wrong' end of the bottom bolt so you can wind it 95% of the way in with a screwdriver. Then fit top bolt and nip both up as normal.

evolotion

2856 Posts
Member #: 83
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

On 7th Aug, 2017 graemec said:
Sorry this is drifting off topic, but....
Slot the 'wrong' end of the bottom bolt so you can wind it 95% of the way in with a screwdriver. Then fit top bolt and nip both up as normal.

Its either toyota or fiat that do this on some of there starter bolts but I cannot remember who. but it is very handy once you notice it.

turbo 16v k-series 11.9@118.9 :)

Denis O'Brien.

JetBLICK

193 Posts
Member #: 1261
Advanced Member

Rugby/Droitwich

165mm long when u include the nubbin bit right at the end, 70mm dia at the back end. Soz looks like my phone flipped the pics upside down

Theres an old style one they do, i'd be interested to know how long that one is if anyone knows, as my 'bay is rather tight.

Attachments:

Edited by JetBLICK on 8th Aug, 2017.

fastcarl

6920 Posts
Member #: 507
Fastest A Series Mini in the World

leeds/wakefield.

A friend of mine has had two of these and smashed the end Bendix housing off, seems they are made of monkey metal so I would take the made in the uk with a pinch of salt,

not bought from the people in the link but he identified the main body as the same,

WWW.FORCE-RACING.CO.UK PLEASE CLICK HERE

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10690 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

Well the length looks identical to my old inertia starter, but Carl's comments do not inspire confidence in dropping a fair whack when my current starter is functional and identical replacements are cheap and easy to find. Heaven knows I've probably got four or five knocking about if I put my mind to looking for them.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Who remembers this first time around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF0a5aoEGsw

fastcarl

6920 Posts
Member #: 507
Fastest A Series Mini in the World

leeds/wakefield.

I did ask my friend once again to satisfy himself that its the same body and he says it it ,

on a side note my expensive Brise starter finally started playing up yesterday so it's off to minispares north this morning to buy a new standard starter,

the Brise starter is now 485 plus vat, fuck that for a laugh

carl

WWW.FORCE-RACING.CO.UK PLEASE CLICK HERE

miniminor63

1838 Posts
Member #: 672
The oversills police

Oslo, Norway

Mine has worked fine. No issues what so ever.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Anyone have one of the powerlite "slimline" starters?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: