Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > Fuel Rail size?

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

whats commonly used?

im thinking of using some square alu tube approx 15mm and enough to span the inlet ports
thinking ill turn some round ends to tig on that have something resembling a push lock barbed hose end for some 8mm efi hose with a clamp for safety also turn a pair of 14mm injector bosses to tig on

assuming there will be minimal heat input to the fuel that will directly affect injected fuel temp and there fore volume as its being returned to the tank but perhaps this may over a bit of time heat the whole fuel tank up?

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

that sounds fine plenty in fact, generally rails are in the order of 10-13mm bore, and fuel hoses normally about 8mm. I tend to use AN8 fittings, the K1100 rail for exaple is 10mm square tube iirc.

I would consider doing the rail in stainless as it will probably be easier to tig than ally, or you can get a production rail and mod it, you can often sewat off the injector fittings and braze/silver solder then onto a fresh rail

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

in terms of heat Turbo dave did a check years ago and the fuel does not seem to warm up, i think he found a few degrees after about an hours running. of course it wouldnt hurt to put a small cooler somwhere.

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Google "fuel rail extrusion" (there might be different spellings so you might have to use Google UK).

It's aluminium section, various shapes and sizes but basically rectangular, rounded on one edge with a hole all the way through but over to the rounded edge and the big thick bit remaining can be drilled to take the injector inlets directly, no need for bosses.

I wouldn't say it's commonly used but it is the easiest....

(I used round tube and machined up adapters).

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

A 1/2" ID rail would easily support 1000hp

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

well this is what ive come up with i had the alu so worth a shot i think

probably should have given it more prep before welding but i guess it will do as long as there's no pin holes..

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

I seen a guy in South Africa make fuel rails from some 15mm copper plumbing tubing once.
Not visually spectacular...but innovative and cheap. And the 15mm OD left the ID almost perfect for most 14mm o-ring injectors !

And for the DIY could easily be soldered together

That rail looks perfectly fine though

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

nutter driver

969 Posts
Member #: 47
Post Whore

Not very sunny swanage

On 13th Aug, 2017 stevieturbo said:
I seen a guy in South Africa make fuel rails from some 15mm copper plumbing tubing once.
Not visually spectacular...but innovative and cheap. And the 15mm OD left the ID almost perfect for most 14mm o-ring injectors !

And for the DIY could easily be soldered together

That rail looks perfectly fine though

they did the same in ppc mag a few years back on one of their project cars..... Not a bad plan really if you cant weld....

And on the 7th day........... God created turbochargers!

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

i actual soldered some copper A/C pipe to the steel dip stick tube to relocate it because of how i put the IC but ill show that in the build thread

i solder copper wiring nearly every day but never thought to do tube haha o well

Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > Fuel Rail size?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: