Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Australian widebands (4.2 LSUs)

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

As per the title, this question is probably aimed at all our Australian members......

Over here in the UK the usual 4.2 LSU used on aftermarket controllers (and quite a lot of European cars) is Bosch part number 0 258 007 057
Sometimes referred to as an L7057 or even just 7057.

Although I no longer use their controllers I originally sourced a lot of my wideband stuff from TechEdge in Aus and the LSUs they provided are Bosch 0 258 007 200 (sometimes known as L7200).
One of mine is playing up so I need to replace it.

However, it has proven impossible to source a 7200 in the UK, not even TechEdge's UK distributor (he spent a day of emails trying to tell me the two were the same just so he could sell me something I don't want.....).

No matter how I google the part number it either comes back with eBay Australia or Holden Commadore or some other Holden model.

We are back over in Aus later this year so my current thoughts are to purchase one while we are over. I have asked TechEdge if they have any distributors in the Southwest but have not heard back yet (their website implies no, only direct from them at Coffs Harbour) so the question is this...

Are there any large company type auto parts suppliers/factors, the sort I would find in any large town or city, that have a decent online parts catalogue that I can research in advance (using the Holden numbers) so I can make sure in advance I can get what I want.....

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

clbm4n

62 Posts
Member #: 11458
Advanced Member

Melbourne Australia ... not a convict

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=207297

might help ... If not I'm in Aus and could possibly send you 1 if you get really stuck

1977 Leyland mini Sunshine -- moleseted -- Named " Ray" becoming a 7 port efi slowly
1971 Nota Fang 145 bhp 5 port fun @ 450 kg
1969 Austin 1800 ute, 1800S running gear, tip rat and hardware store runner

robert

6743 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

https://www.picoauto.com/library/training/t...d-oxygen-sensor

http://wbo2.com/lsu/sensors.htm

you have prob seen all this rod , but if the difference is only in the holes in the end would it make a big diff to use the 7057 ?

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

Often the difference is only the wire length and connector used.

4.2 should be 4.2

Aussie kits probably just sell an Aussie based sensor...because they originated in Aussie land. Not because that is the only sensor available.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

Rod S

5988 Posts
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

They are different, the holes in the end being visually obvious but they are also internally different with different response rates.

And I want two matched response rates.

Both are 4.2 as far as the controller is concerned but that's not what I want.

What I need is the Australian equivalent of "Eurocarparts" or "Intermotor", ie. a decent online catalogue of sellers in Aus. so I can cross reference it with a Holden part number and buy it out there.

Else I'll just have to change both to the one that's common over here or change to 4.9s (which, at the moment, do appear to be all the same).

evolotion

2909 Posts
Member #: 83
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

If it's this much hassle to source one that u need ( and were assuming the other you have hasn't aged) and eventually you'll need another mibby it's be a good idea to get a pair of sensors in the uk that are easily got.

turbo 16v k-series 11.9@118.9 :)

Denis O'Brien.

AWDmoke

261 Posts
Member #: 713

Western Australia

A parts place like Repco or Veales will have them on the shelf in WA.

On 24th Dec, 2008 Nic said:
eyh? im drubj but very confused##]#IU

Rod S

5988 Posts
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Thanks Moke, those were the kind of names I was after. Unfortunately they don't have (so far as I can see from over here) a detailed catalogue of engine management parts but both say they stock a comprehensive range.
So I will go armed with Holden part numbers, there are plenty of both those companies to choose from on the route we are taking.

Best I could find with my googling was places selling wheel trims and car polish...

And Denis, yes.
But I will eventually change to 4.9s anyway, I have them, and the controllers sitting next to me but I just need some more data to compare to before with the 7200s and as I'm out there in a couple of months I may as well try and get a comparable replacement for the short term.

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

what part of the "lucky" country are you planing to visit rod?

we have a bunch of auto parts places i can call around if you'd like ill just pick one up and post it out to you if your keen on that?

im going to need help with finding my way around TS and the 5 port quirks in around a month or so once ive gotten the thing in the car if it still fits that is..

im actually going to swap a V8 into my hilux for some fun they basically go straight in with the conversion parts that is.. but to the point i will get a ms box for that and inject that to help learn as its a normal engine and shouldn't be to hard to get right vs jumping in up to my neck with a 5 port and injection timing this n that that really makes my head hurt

anyway well off topic if you want me to call around and pick one up ill be happy to post it over mate

Rod S

5988 Posts
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Thanks for the offer of posting one Josh but, seeing as I'll be out there anyway if I pick one up locally I'll avoid all the additional customs handling fees that we get with stuff posted. I don't mind paying the UK VAT for imports but I seriously object to all the extras they add on if they process it as mail rather than me taking it through the red channel at Heathrow customs myself. And unless I take anything seriously large/valuable through the red channel they normally can't be bothered with the paperwork, too busy looking through the one way glass at the green channel people...

Perth to Adelaide road trip by the coastal route this time, a few thousand kilometres from you or I would have called in.....

Getting used to the way an MS works on something simple like a V8 is probably a good idea.

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

no worries im not on par with the import/export nonsense figured i could just label it as gift and as long as it wasn't guns or drugs it would be all good haha anyways

mum when out around that half of aus Manny years ago

Home > General Chat > Australian widebands (4.2 LSUs)
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: