Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Wanted > K1100/1200 cylinder head stud washers

Barrieri

307 Posts
Member #: 11231

Hi guys,

As above, I'm looking for a set of the stock BMW k-head hardened stud washers to use on my current twin cam conversion.

Thanks in Advance

wayne miller

211 Posts
Member #: 10890

Twin Cam Turbo Build In Progress Rothwell, Northants

Hello mate, I have the ARP head studs, I'll see if I kept the old ones in my box of bits tonight *wink*

Barrieri

307 Posts

Thanks a lot mate.

To be honest I was going for the ARP studs myself, but due to the other priority expenses in the build, I think I'll skip those for now.

wayne miller

211 Posts
Member #: 10890

Twin Cam Turbo Build In Progress Rothwell, Northants

Hello mate, sorry I checked earlier and unfortunately I don't have the old washers :(

Barrieri

307 Posts

No worries mate. Thanks for checking though :)

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

You can buy just the ARP washers for a low sum of coinage... I agree that the factory (long) studs are likely just fine for most engines, but you do have to plunder a few engines to get the qty needed!
Also, you don't have to spend that much to buy the individual ARP studs and nuts; suffice to say that SC makes a lot of money on their stud kit... At today's exchange rate the nuts are 13 quid for 10 and the studs are £4.35 each... I imagine washers are similar in price to the nuts...
I do suspect that SCs kit has slightly different studs that are a few mm shorter, and custom washers that are the same OD as the BMW washers (i.e. Larger dia than stock 3/8" ARP washers), so that may go some way to explain the cost differential...

Edited by TurboDave16V on 13th Sep, 2017.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

Yeh, I have a set of ARP long studs and nuts sat on the shelf for the new block. I intend to sink the shank of the stud 5mm or so into the block which achieves two things, sets the stud at nearly the right height for the head, and moves the bending stress at the shoulder of the thread below the block deck.

Do not under any circumstance use any standard new studs from any of the suppliers, they are not even up to the job for a standard engine!!!!

Edited by Sprocket on 14th Sep, 2017.

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

Home > Wanted > K1100/1200 cylinder head stud washers
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: