Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > From may 2018 tax exempt cars will also be MOT exempt too !! 😮

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

On 17th Oct, 2017 tadge44 said:
I have been sufficiently concerned at the proposed changes to sell my turbo A35 and move on to something else.
Difficult decision after 38 years with the car

Dont do something like that just because of something like this ^

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

longy

1547 Posts
Member #: 2727
Post Whore

Bicester

Might be a stupid question, but what if you take an MOT exempt car for an MOT and it fails? can it not be driven on the road until it passes?

Mine will fall under the exemption next year and personally im going to get it tested because i know i miss things or make stupid mistakes.

1972 998 TURBO SLEEPER

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

I tend to agree that having an MOT is a good safety precaution. But you may be better goiong to a friendly MOT station and asking for a 'safety inspection' or a 'safety service' rather than an MOT.

They would be able to advise you on items that should be attended to.

On 18th Oct, 2017 longy said:
Might be a stupid question, but what if you take an MOT exempt car for an MOT and it fails? can it not be driven on the road until it passes?

Mine will fall under the exemption next year and personally im going to get it tested because i know i miss things or make stupid mistakes.

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

steve1275

849 Posts
Member #: 951
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

Sorry to hear you are selling the blobule David, like you I am concerned, and worst case would turn mine into a race car only, but it would lose half the point of it.

'Where does the engine go?'

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

Noooo!

On 17th Oct, 2017 tadge44 said:
I have been sufficiently concerned at the proposed changes to sell my turbo A35 and move on to something else.
Difficult decision after 38 years with the car

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

On 18th Oct, 2017 wil_h said:
I tend to agree that having an MOT is a good safety precaution. But you may be better goiong to a friendly MOT station and asking for a 'safety inspection' or a 'safety service' rather than an MOT.

They would be able to advise you on items that should be attended to.

On 18th Oct, 2017 longy said:

Sounds like some of the MOT's ive had *smiley*

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

Just taxed my mini for free, no insurance or MOT!

Once insured, first trip will be to get it to my mates MOT centre for a once over.

I had to declare that it was not substantially modified, but it's not so no problem there.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

robert

6743 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

yup ,tvr taxed ,sans mot .engine change done pre 88 so not probs.*smiley*

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

mini93

834 Posts
Member #: 2017
Post Whore

Warwick.

What I dont get is they're making the MOT rules more strict, but go ahead and say cars over x years old dont need one at all?

I know some in position where they own rally cars, which need MOT's. Now getting a "true" pass is impossible and really you're going to have to have someone on the inside. Apparently Warwickshire has a shit hot VOSA person whos doing spot check on the day, but also after the MOT's been carried out

David.

garethlloyd

282 Posts
Member #: 616

Birmingham

Sure you all know this by now but you need to register for it to be MOT exempt otherwise you'll still need one.

You need a V112 form from the DVLA. I believe these need to be filed and posted rather than done online.

You are asked to declare it's not substantially changed and it gives a brief list of what this means.

Am I right in thinking that ANY modification to the bulkhead means it's substantially changed?

A turbo box should be ok, yes? as these were fitted from the factory to ERA minis, or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

You only need the V112 if you tax the car at a post office.

If you tax your car on-line you make the same declaration as part of the process.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Home > General Chat > From may 2018 tax exempt cars will also be MOT exempt too !! 😮
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: