Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > Advice needed!

superspy

3 Posts
Member #: 11679

Last 15+ days I read near everything (?) about EFI 5port mini heads.

So the "easy job" that was thinking in the beginning is now pretty complicated.
All through there is more than enough info in this forum I am now more confused.

To get the story short.

The final plan is to make a N/A A+ 1293cc with full race spec with EFI. I have already build and race many of these in the '90 but with carbs.

The steps thinking to follow to reach the final target is something like this:

A. Install and run programmable ignition for a while.
B. Step up to wet manifold EFI together with programmable ignition in one ECU.
C. Step up to sequential together with programmable ignition in one ECU. (?)

What is your suggestion to ECU?

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

A&B can be done with almost any ECU. Once you move on to C, assuming that you intend to use sequential port injection, then we have found that you need an ECU that allows you to map injection timing in order to get enough fuel into the outer cylinders.

There may be other ECUs that can do that now, but we chose Megasquirt back in the day because its firmware was open source meaning that it could be adapted to our needs.

Some of use the MS2 whilst others use MS3. If you chose the MS route than there are plenty of people on here that can help with the setup.

Do lots of research. The siamese issue is a complex one.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

I concur with Paul.

Refering to Q3, there are now other ECUs that can vary injection timing but the early work on using timed injection on turbo'd A series (at least on this forum) was mainly using the MS2, and later the MS3.

The principles will be the same on any ECU that can vary injection timing against a table of load/RPM but you would need to find someone who has used an alternate ECU for direct answers as to how easy etc.

For the MS options, see this recent post on the MS-Extra forum. racingmini_mtl is jbelanger on this forum, author of the siamese specific parts of the MS2 code.

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=67983

And as Paul says, do lots of research.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > Advice needed!
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: