Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Introduce Yourself > 2000 Mini that's never run! I will make it run with ur help.

Muda

6 Posts
Member #: 11680

Hi I'm John. Picked up a 2000 1.3i with 880 miles on it. Guy put a small fortune in it trying to build the ultimate Mini. Everything has been done but it's been sitting for 10 years. It's been in 4 different shops and no one could make it run. Custom pnp microsquirt in it now. Omex 600 in a box. Picked up an Emerald K3 from a friend. Just getting all the neglected mechanicals refreshed. Hoping you guys can help me get it on the road. Nice restored '73 Innocenti in the garage so I know a little bit.

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Member #: 9038
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

Get some pictures up etc and no doubt be will have some suggestions on how to get it running.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

Welcome.

A number of us are using MPi kit with aftermarket ECUs. One guy managed to get a standard MPI engine with all its odd sensors working.

Put up a post in the Injection section and we'll try see how we can help.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Muda

6 Posts

Thank you guys. Will put pics up soon. Fuel pump was locked up tight with 10yo gas sludge. New one in the mail. Tank and lines weren't too bad. Want to get it back together and be able to communicate with the Microsquirt so that I can respond to your suggestions. Cheers!!!

Muda

6 Posts

Here's a pic of the Microsquirt wired into the original ECU case. Appears to be excellent workmanship if, in fact, all the wires go to the right places. *wink*

Attachments:

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Member #: 9038
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

Thats quite a clever way to do it. At least keeps the original look of the engine bay.

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

I wanna see the car... whats the story behind it never doin any miles before its mods?

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

Home > Introduce Yourself > 2000 Mini that's never run! I will make it run with ur help.
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: