Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > Rover Map Sensor (MHK100600) Calibration Information

Muda

6 Posts
Member #: 11680

Does someone have the calibration information for TunerStudio for the stock Rover MAP sensor, MHK100600?

Found one graph showing that the sensor only goes to 3.8v but TS is looking for a kPa number for 0 and 5v.

Currently using 10 and 130 kPa for those settings. MAP reading about 55kPA at idle with the IACV blocked, about 45kPa at light throttle @2-2,500rpm.

If it ever stops raining or snowing here I'll be able to get in on the road for a final tune. Runs pretty good in the garage with inners and outers only about 1 point apart on the widebands.

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

I don't know the details for that particular one but I'd be 99.9% certain that what's inside is just a standard honeywell or freescale chip encapsulated in a Rover housing.

If so they are all linear (hence why TunerStudio only asks for two values) and are either 0-5V or sometimes 0.5 - 4.5V.

They all read from either 0KPa (absolute vacuum) or 10KPa (because engines can't pull an absolute vacuum, even on over-run) and the upper limit is usually a bit above what the engine will ever see, ie, 100KPa for a normally aspirated engine.

So your starting point of 10 - 130KPa sounds pretty reasonable. That also ties in with what you've read about a maximum output of 3.8V (100/130 * 5)

But, providing you know which pin is which, just measure the voltage between the ECU ground (0V wire) and the signal wire with it off the manifold.
Depending how high above sea level you are and prevailing weather conditions (high pressure or low) that will be about 96-98KPa so just plot a straight line starting at 0,0 and through 97KPa and whatever voltage you read.
That will obviously only be perfectly correct if it's 0-5V sensor starting at absolute zero but if you can beg/steal/borrow a decent bourdon tube type vacuum gauge and can maintain a steady idle you would have a second reading to plot the perfect graph.

EDIT - typo

Edited by Rod S on 26th Feb, 2018.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > Rover Map Sensor (MHK100600) Calibration Information
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: