Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > 3 years away

philc

1394 Posts
Member #: 1346
Post Whore

bromsgrove

It has been almost three years since I did anything significant to my BMW Twin Cam conversation due to having children, changing jobs and having an extension on the house. Luckily i have a garage which is dry and warm and has been covered over, on top of this the engine has been turned periodically.

Anyway, I need to get back on to getting this finished otherwise it will sit there for ever and a day and never get done, so I need a little help in locating some parts such as an oil drain that will sit where the mechanical fuel pump used to be, a water pipe adapter that sits on the front of the head, preferably with a thermostat in. I also need an adapter for the oil feed to the head, this also needs to incorporate the oil pressure gauge. (on thinking about this I could just get rid of the old pressure switch that sits on the top and use that fitting).

I now hope I can get motivated to make a start as I have many things left to do....

I also look forward to reading the posts on here again

*Clapping*

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

If you have money, SC does all the parts you described...
but I’m sure you knew that.
Alternatively, start fabricating stuff. The K1200 coolant elbow is 90-deg curved which may give another option over the almost-straight K1100 version.
There has been a post in the past few months about motorbike inline thermostat housings you may want to search for.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

I drilled and tapped the banjo bolt on the pipe from pump to filter for the cam oil feed. this leaves the usual place for pressure switch for oil light - or oil pressure gauge - or both if you have an adapter

Nick
Forum Mod

4823 Posts
Member #: 154
Post Whore

Midlands

No idea about any Twink stuff but good to see you back dude

On 20th Oct, 2015 Tom Fenton said:

Well here is the news, you are not welcome here, FUCK OFF.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > 3 years away
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: