Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat >

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

On 15th Mar, 2018 Tom Fenton said:
I’d say cap pressure plus 50% max. It’s unlikely the FOS is going to be that big. Be a shame to destroy it just for the sake of it! It’s unlikely to ever see past cap pressure in service.

And lets face it...if it is seeing higher pressures, you've more to worry about than a £50 radiator ! lol

It can never do any harm to log cooling system pressures anyway if it is for HG integrity monitoring and if your ecu has the ability apply a safety trip to reign the engine back should things get too high under the wrong circumstances.

The caps will usually blow at or close to rated pressures on a slow rise, but a fast rise can see much higher spikes before it breaks free.
Although caps also only have a limited amount of flow to vent any fast pressure spikes too.

I know a few years ago when I popped a HG on my own car I seen near 2 bar for a second or so before it started to drop back, although that was a plastic header with a screw on cap, OEM fitment...VW//Audi or something I think the bottle was off.

Edited by stevieturbo on 18th Mar, 2018.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

Home > General Chat >
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: