Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > MS2 Assembly Headache - Ignition drivers

Nobby

17 Posts
Member #: 11671

Hi Jean,

Can I leave R32 and R36 on the board? Yes I have done the mod to the NAND chip.

Thanks,
Rob.

Nobby

17 Posts

Hi Jean,

Can I leave R32 and R36 on the board? Yes I have done the mod to the Nand chip.

Thanks,
Rob.

Edited by Nobby on 2nd May, 2018.

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Member #: 831
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

If R32 and R36 are already installed you can leave them there and solder to their leads or the pad whichever is the easier or more practical for you.

http://www.jbperf.com/

Nobby

17 Posts

Ok thanks.

littlejem59

45 Posts
Member #: 2544

Biddulph, Stoke on Trent

Hi, I am continuing my MS2V3 build with 4 channel driver board (believe it or not I started this arouind 2011 but got tied up with other more pressing matters so the mini sat and rotted on the drive) I seem to remember an instruction to remove all of the 3 leds and related transistors and resistors when fitting the 4 channel board but now cannot find any reference to it in the newer (post 2011) MSEXTRA manual. have iu done right in removing these components? The LED's had to be removed anyway because they were obstructing the DB15 connector. My proposed use is NA MG Metro initially so only need the ignition. Later i plan a 7 port fuel injected hopefully turbo

It's not the age that makes me creak it's the mileage

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

If you look at my photo near the top of the first page, there is no need to remove the LEDs etc. the additional DB15 clears them when the 4 channel board is slid in at the preferred height.

But equally, the 6 resistors, 3 transistors are only there to operate the LEDs so can be removed but if you remove the LEDs only, the transistors and resistors will not have any detrimental effect if they all remain.
If you do remove them all, obviously you have to make sure you use the correct "end" of where R26 and R29 used to be to run the ignition trigger wires off to Jean's board.

The reference to removing components when using Jean's board which you may be thinking of is that certain components need to be removed from around the old MS1 crystal clock circuit for the 4 channel sequential injection part of his board, not the ignition.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

littlejem59

45 Posts
Member #: 2544

Biddulph, Stoke on Trent

Great stuff, thanks Rod

It's not the age that makes me creak it's the mileage

Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > MS2 Assembly Headache - Ignition drivers
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: