Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Please help before I set fire to my car!

Ben5004

33 Posts
Member #: 11676

Ahhhhh OK so needs to go under the car somewhere? Thinking out loud, and its getting into the dark-realms of Metro knowledge here, is the sender unit/pickup in the tank the same for a Metro turbo as any other Metro? Or does the turbo have a larger bore pick-up pipe?

Ben5004

33 Posts
Member #: 11676

Ahhhhh OK so needs to go under the car somewhere? Thinking out loud, and its getting into the dark-realms of Metro knowledge here, is the sender unit/pickup in the tank the same for a Metro turbo as any other Metro? Or does the turbo have a larger bore pick-up pipe?

Mr Joshua

2478 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

Better late than never. look at the differential in the inlet and outlet to the pump. The pump inlet will allow the pump to scavenge more fuel than it can supply thus tank pipe bore needs to be of equal size or larger. If not the fuel will stall inside the pump and flow will cease. The early metro turbos had a resistor fitted to the fuel pump to slow it down this will offset the cavitation but the only real solution is to fit larger internal bore piping to your tank. I battled with this for over a year. like you my motor came from a running car the only thing i did not use from the donor was the fuel tank when I looked at the setup thats exactly what I saw on the tank a 10mmi/d outlet that fed into the pump. Hope this helps.

Oh and the tank i reviewed was from a metro turbo. I noted you said you added the return, the metro turbo tank already has the return built in and it returns back into the swirl pot in the tank, So I'm assuming your using a non turbo tank.

Edited by Mr Joshua on 10th Jun, 2018.

Own the day

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Please help before I set fire to my car!
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: