Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Introduce Yourself > Mega squirt 2 in turbo 998 moke.

stewartb

4 Posts
Member #: 11764

Just joined up to share the crazy! I have a 998 running turbo and Megasquirt 2. on my engine testbed. Still trying to understand the American terminology for getting the cranking fuel right for starting .

clbm4n

62 Posts
Member #: 11458
Advanced Member

Melbourne Australia ... not a convict

Welcome Stewart .... Cheers Jon

1977 Leyland mini Sunshine -- moleseted -- Named " Ray" becoming a 7 port efi slowly
1971 Nota Fang 145 bhp 5 port fun @ 450 kg
1969 Austin 1800 ute, 1800S running gear, tip rat and hardware store runner

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

Welcome

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Welcome.
What part of the world (another Moke from down under guessing from the UK time you posted ?)
And what's your setup, port injection, wet manifold, TBI ? There are a few of us on this forum using Megasquirt so can point you in the right direction for starting settings once we know the setup.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

stewartb

4 Posts

Yes in Brisbane, Australia. I got involved with it as I have a testbench I built for setting up engines from scratch to run engine management. The MS2 is the hardest manual to understand I have ever encountered. Doesn't seem to be logical in explanation to me! However the more I think about the terminology I guess the more I understand. Thanks friends, I'll post some images soon.

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Re. the documentation it depends on exactly what you have got. Providing you are using the MS-Extra code the documentation went through a major upgrade about 4 years ago and, IMHO, is now very good. However, lots of people still end up looking at the old B&G code documentation which is years out of date because hardly anyone uses the B&G code anymore.
The only area where the MS-Extra documentation is weak is for the siamese specific options which has never been fully written up because so few of us use it, hence why I'm interested in what your configuration is.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

stewartb

4 Posts

So the engine is tuned and fitted. I ran batch fire with 2 injectors and wasted spark. Engine will pull smoothly at light throttle and spins easily to our 5900 cut off . At 6 psi it pulls easily to 50 kph in low 90 in second and we haven’t had room to pull through 3 rd yet. I used software to help with ignition predictions as well as fuel. We have no bumps or harshness. E temp at cruise and loaded sits on average at 1200 F. Very happy with the result. If any one would like to see the ignition map I can email it to them. I tuned the idle ignition using air fuel meter and my prony brake. 10.7 deg was perfect loaded to 90kpa at 600 rpm. Nice feeling to get it done . I also found the idle ignition to map a great idea

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

Sounds like fun. 998s will happily spin to 7k, so you have plenty to play with.

Got any photos?

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Member #: 831
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

Is your setup using port injection or a throttle body? If it's port injection, using batch injection is not ideal for getting good fuel distribution and you can have wildly different AFR values between the inner and outer cylinders.

http://www.jbperf.com/

stewartb

4 Posts

Port injection 1 inj per port, 2 inlet runners with a throttle in each before the injector. Rev limet and boost limit to preserve the rest of the driveline. It runs an aftercooler and is extremely flexible. Photo's to come.

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Member #: 831
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

It's nice that the engine seems to be running well but that may be hiding some potential issues that could damage the engine later on.

There is a lot of information about the issues with port injection on the forum. And there is also a lot of information on how to solve them using an MS2 and the siamese code options.

You can also have a look at this: http://jbperf.com/sequential/Fuel_Injectin...e_A_Series.html. It gives a nice overview of the issue and what was done to resolve it with the MS2. A lot more has been done since so not everything there is relevant or up to date.

Jean

http://www.jbperf.com/

Home > Introduce Yourself > Mega squirt 2 in turbo 998 moke.
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: