Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Spluttering and heisitation in forth gear

coopdog

330 Posts
Member #: 9628

Hi,

I've just had my 998 set up on the rolling road where it made 102bhp and 89ftlb, it was set up in 3rd gear as they guys said it wouldn't pull in 4th on the rollers, 2.9fd

The car drives really well up until you get into 4th gear, I can hit the rev limiter in 3rd at 90mph change into 4th and it just splutters and I lose all power and has compressor surge, readings on the afr go very lean,

I can take it up slowly in 4th gear I can cruise at 70 fine, as I get to about 80mph on boost it will splutter I have to let off the throttle and put it down again and it will be ok,

Not really sure what the problem is and I don't really want to take it back to the rolling road if it's just changing the carb spring or something easy 👍🏼

Edited by coopdog on 4th Jul, 2018.

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

I think I’d start with monitoring what fuel pressure is doing on top gear.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

coopdog

330 Posts
Member #: 9628

On 3rd Jul, 2018 Tom Fenton said:
I think I’d start with monitoring what fuel pressure is doing on top gear.

Will do👍🏼

Mr Joshua

2484 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

Also take a look at the balance pipe a pin prick hole can cause these exact symptoms. Been there felt like a total fool when I found the issue.

Edited by Mr Joshua on 4th Jul, 2018.

Own the day

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Spluttering and heisitation in forth gear
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: