Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Wheelforce 1900 wheel alignment system

Callum

450 Posts
Member #: 10396
Advanced Member Formerly mk2turbo

Stoke-on-Trent

Anyone ever used this bit of kit before? I don't have any instructions with it and would like to set the camber/castor, I think i have figured out the toe in/out part. I have been told its similar or the same as the dunlop ag60 and churchill systems. Cheers

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

Camber, is it not just as simple as move the sliding thing until the spirit bubble is level, then read off the scale at the side?

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

That's what I assumed but wanted to double check, I can see there is a bit of negative camber but its reading zero on the scale. Will have to chech I have it attached to the rim properly.

I have a feeling with the castor you put it on full lock, zero the scale then move to opposite lock and measure the difference but im only guessing on that

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

When I do caster I usually do one full turn of the steering wheel each direction and then look at the difference.
This maybe doesn't give an absolute accurate number, but I'm more interested about getting it even side-to-side, so my method is adequate for that.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

theoneeyedlizard

7259 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Ooooh. Would you be up for loaning this out?

In the 13's at last!.. Just

slater

1030 Posts
Member #: 1291
Post Whore

Suffolk / Birmingham

We have one if these. You have to find the 'average' position of each wheel as there is always some run out in the wheel adaptors.

Do the tracking first, jack it up, hold one wheel stationary and rotate the other. You will see the runout on the dial. It's tricky as you have to keep the thing level as well! Just find the middle position and mark the tyre, Do the same for all 4 wheels. You can then set up at each wheels average position if you get what i mean! I think when doing camber you have to rotate the wheel 90deg as you need to eliminate the runout in the vertical plane rather than horizontal for toe.

Castor I'm not so sure! I do have a manual somewhere tho. If I'm honest it's a bit agricutrual at the best if times so I've never attempted castor.

If it helps I always use a set of old steels as clamping the wheel adaptors onto alloys is next to impossible wihout damaging them. If they come loose or fall off you have to start over.

Edited by slater on 4th Jul, 2018.

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

I have one of these, not used it enough to know it well enough. I think mines a different model.

Have you got a photo of the part that holds them onto the wheel, mine are missing, i just used some bits of stud.

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

I can't really mate sorry, borrowed it off a mate who has never used it so its not mine to lend out

On 4th Jul, 2018 theoneeyedlizard said:
Ooooh. Would you be up for loaning this out?

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Thanks slater, someone has managed to scan a few pages for me from the manual and its as you described it. Your explanation is actually easier to follow than the manual!

On 4th Jul, 2018 slater said:
We have one if these. You have to find the 'average' position of each wheel as there is always some run out in the wheel adaptors.

Do the tracking first, jack it up, hold one wheel stationary and rotate the other. You will see the runout on the dial. It's tricky as you have to keep the thing level as well! Just find the middle position and mark the tyre, Do the same for all 4 wheels. You can then set up at each wheels average position if you get what i mean! I think when doing camber you have to rotate the wheel 90deg as you need to eliminate the runout in the vertical plane rather than horizontal for toe.

Castor I'm not so sure! I do have a manual somewhere tho. If I'm honest it's a bit agricutrual at the best if times so I've never attempted castor.

If it helps I always use a set of old steels as clamping the wheel adaptors onto alloys is next to impossible wihout damaging them. If they come loose or fall off you have to start over.

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Will get you some photos tomorrow mate

On 4th Jul, 2018 jonny f said:
I have one of these, not used it enough to know it well enough. I think mines a different model.

Have you got a photo of the part that holds them onto the wheel, mine are missing, i just used some bits of stud.

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Here you go Jonny

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Can get you some measurements if you like

jonny f

2091 Posts
Post Whore

Dorking

Thanks Calum that’s perfect, they’re not actually to dissimilar to what I made. No worries on measurements.

jonny f

2091 Posts
Post Whore

Dorking

Callum, not sure if you can help. Been having a play with these gauges.

I’ve just set up a couple of elastic bands and some wire for the Toe. What holes do you put it through to get the right reading?
There’s Red, White or Blue.

Edit: Figured it out, pretty obvious it’s the middle when you connect it up!

Edited by jonny f on 26th Sep, 2018.

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Yeah middle for the toe, castor is the other holes. I managed to get a copy of the original manual so can scan and send you them if you want to have a proper play with it

jonny f

2091 Posts
Post Whore

Dorking

That would be brilliant if you have the time to.

Callum

450 Posts

Stoke-on-Trent

Yeah no worries, pm me your email address and when I get chance I will get it sorted for you

Home > General Chat > Wheelforce 1900 wheel alignment system
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: