Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > For Sale > 1293 Turbo Mini forsale complete car £7500

Custard

283 Posts
Member #: 8215

Rayleigh

I'm having another go at selling my car, it really needs to go now.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/use...---1989/8970358

So I've owned this car for 11 years, It's going to be hard letting it go!

I have a walkaround youtube video of it

https://youtu.beYes/MYu36KfB0bU

I spent 5 years building it to its current state.
Yes i'm having a proper go at selling it now. It really needs to go.

Its been on the road for best part of 3 years I think I've done around 7k
No rust. As per the video there is some cracks on the front end, partly from being extended 20mm and the bonnet damage is where my dog knocked it over and then stomped on it. The whole front is Carbon and removable

The new owner can enjoy tinkering with a few small jobs - balljoint 're shim, maybe a wheel bearing (slight play for the past year plus) it could do with a new oil cooler (sits behind the number plate) as it leaks.
Other than that it just needs to be treated right as a turbo mini should.

It's always started and never overheated. Was rolling road tuned by atspeed racing on an omex ignition only ecu. Runs beautifully getting 42mpg on a run. Made 140bhp 160lbs with the old restrictive exhaust.
A turbo cam would probably unlock alot more horsepower.

There is so much custom stuff on this car. I work for a laser cutting firm so the quality of everything is top notch

The engine briefly is -
1293 with 21253 pistons
It's an mg metro head that I opened the ports up on and enlarged the chambers, we did measure the c.c but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. The CR is 9.1-1
Lightened verto flywheel was the infamous rts clutch -
I naively used two 1275 pressure plates so its not the lightest pedal but it's got a metro cable clutch arm modified to work with the slave.
Minispares Straight cut drop gears and full straight cut gearset.
Minispares Cross pin diff
Centre oil pickup
Gt17 turbo
Custom stainless manifold and full steel exhaust
Renault 5 intercooler modified to fit perfectly (with cold air feed)
Capillary oil and water temp and oil pressure gauges
It runs an oil cooler on a thermostat, It's comes into play if you are sat at highspeed on the motorway.

There's so much to write if you are seriously interested then get in touch and we'll go from there. No test rides, the cars an animal and I can't risk it. I'll take you out if you've got the cash.

The car was featured by MiniMagazine and had an 8 page write up, I will scan the pages and can send upon request.

The reason for sale is I just don't use it anymore. We have a 10 month old baby so it's no good for shows anymore. I have another classic and a lack of space. I am more of a builder than driver and with the magazine feature there's nothing more I want from it.

Dave the Cake

bbbobo

1 Posts
Member #: 11821

Hi ! PM sent :)

davrichard

1 Posts
Member #: 11840

Hi, is this still for sale?

Home > For Sale > 1293 Turbo Mini forsale complete car £7500
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: