Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > interparcel advice

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

I just purchased a LSD on eBay that I need to get stateside, and recall someone shipping me something previously to the USA using interparcel.

Does anyone have input on how easy it is to set up a shipping with them? Do they offer insurance, and tracking, and if I choose the logo that looks like the FedeX sign, do you simply drop off at a fedex location?

Basically - I'm looking for thoughts / opinions / experiences / etc.

Cheers,

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

Look on parcel2go.com, really easy to use and you can select from loads of different couriers. Most will collect and deliver.

Phil.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

slater

1030 Posts
Member #: 1291
Post Whore

Suffolk / Birmingham

Interparcel is just a price comparison thing like parcel2go.

You put in the details and couriers quote for it there and then. They will collect it from you usually. Insurance etc. depends on the service you select.

graemec

940 Posts
Member #: 1424
Post Whore

Carnforth, Lancs

I use Interparcel quite a lot.
Yes, they offer different services and with different carriers and there’s usually a list of ‘drop off’ services - it’s worth looking where the nearest drop off location is, as some can be a few miles away. They also list Parcelforce with drop off to Post Offices.

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

I use InterPacel.

They offer everything you’ve suggested. If you click through the process a bit further everything is offered like extra insurance etc.

Be wary though, some companies don’t accept car parts and won’t insure them! I’ve had them mail me before about car parts not being covered with my Hermes.

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

How do you get round the car parts issue? I was thinking I would say tractor parts, or lathe parts maybe?

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Yes i've just posted bits as tools etc depending on what it is.

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

i've used them a fair bit - they are brokers for a number of carriers. Some carriers have limitations and restrictions on what thery will carry but i've had no real issue with sending car parts with them.

as for insurance, they offer standard cover then you pay a premium to upgrade - carrier dependent. I've only had cause to claim once when I sent a welder down south and it got damaged; thay paid for the replacement broken parts and refunded the carriage too. What they did check was that it was properly packaged to begin with but I had photos of that

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

A few years ago I sent some gears from a gearbox to teh US for work. I used Parcel Monkey...just another one of those random brokers who use Parcel Force.

Price was very good, only £50. I listed them as machine parts.

Of course, it seems the fucking wankers at US customs opened them and then did not repackage correctly and 2 gears got damaged, as how the receiver described the packaging was not how I sent them !

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

fastcarl

6962 Posts
Member #: 507
Fastest A Series Mini in the World

leeds/wakefield.

car parts is not a problem with most as long as its not body panels, just but gearbox parts and you'll be fine, or alternatively send it to me and I will forward it on.i send parts all over the works and use different carriers for different continents.

carl

WWW.FORCE-RACING.CO.UK PLEASE CLICK HERE

Home > General Chat > interparcel advice
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: