Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Vented 4 pot pad retention - clips NLA?

adcyork

539 Posts
Member #: 6807
Post Whore

York

Building up the vented Minispares four pots currently and I don’t have any pad retention clips, just the split pins.

I bought the calipers second hand and the pads as NOS and the clips came with neither. Seems that I’m looking for GBK1025 but they don’t seem to available on Minispares. Which makes me think people are just ommiting them these days as they only stop rattle, otherwise spares would have them in stock?

Views?

Edited by adcyork on 9th Sep, 2018.

t3gav

2395 Posts
Member #: 229
Gavin@minispares.com

kent

Yes you are correct they are NLA and not needed as confirmed by AP Braking :)

adcyork

539 Posts
Member #: 6807
Post Whore

York

Cheers Gav

metroturbo

806 Posts
Member #: 989
Post Whore

North Yorkshire

There are loads of NOS metro brake fitting kits on ebay if you do want the retainers.

Streetscreamer

112 Posts
Member #: 10125
Advanced Member

Zoetermeer, The Netherlands

Carefull with those brake fitting kits. Many are for solid discs, especially the after market brands, that means the retention clips are a little smaller. I made that stupid mistake in the past and almost wrecked my mini in a tight rh corner at a hillclimb. Rear brakes locking up. The retention clips just slipped between the iron backings of the brake pads, so they worked like an extra spring to spread the pads when release brakes. I ditched these clips and never a problem again.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Vented 4 pot pad retention - clips NLA?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: